I love serving up bowls for lunch and dinner. There is just something fun about how interactive and customizable they are. Ultimate Gluten Free Pollo Asado Rice Bowls are one of my favorites.
I love making bowls. Not only are they a fun meal that everyone can create just the way they like them, but all of the components also work for meal prep as well. One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it comes together effortlessly with pantry staples.
A Well-Stocked Pantry
Ultimate Gluten Free Pollo Asado Rice Bowls combines fresh ingredients with two of my absolute favorites. Rice and black beans tie this meal together for a complete dish packed with protein and fiber.
I love stocking my pantry with Goya Foods. Not only do their rice and beans make it easy to pull together a complete meal, but their line of spices always brings fresh flavors to everything I make.
With over 2,500 high-quality and affordable products, Goya makes creating delicious and nutricious weeknight meals easy. From olive oils to beans and grains, Goya is the largest Hispanic owned food company supplying products from Spain, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America.
Using Goya Sazon in my mojo inspired marinade for the chicken infuses flavor into every tender bite. Sazon also flavors the Canilla long grain rice while giving it gorgeous color. Earthy black beans pack a punch of protein and bring texture to this hearty and colorful bowl.
Building Ultimate Gluten Free Pollo Asado Rice Bowls
Skip the takeout and bring all of the flavor and fun to weeknight cooking. These fresh and vibrant bowls are sure to become part of your weekly routine.
- Create your marinade for your chicken thighs. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Place the chicken in an airtight container and pour in the marinade. Allow it to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- To cook your chicken, heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook the first side for approximately 4 minutes before flipping. Cook the second side about the same. You want it to be golden brown and the internal temperature to be 165 degrees.
- Allow the chicken to rest and then cut it into cubes.
- To make your Sazon scented rice add the rice, water, salt, and Sazon to a medium sized stockpot over medium-low heat. Allow it to come to a boil and cook until most of the water has evaporated.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before stirring in fresh tomatoes and the black beans.
- To build your Ultimate Gluten Free Pollo Asado Bowls, top with your favorite toppings. I like to add shredded cabbage, slices of avocados, and fresh cilantro.
Are you looking for more ideas for easy weeknight meals? Make sure to check out my recipe for Gluten Free Salmon Pistachio Pesto Pasta. Now let’s get cooking!
Ultimate Gluten Free Pollo Asado Bowls
- 1 Blender
- 1 Skillet
- 1 medium stockpot
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 packet Sazon seasoning
- 1 garlic clove large
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus 2 tbsp for cooking
- 2 tsp chili oil sauce
Rice and Beans
Chicken Asado Bowls
- shredded purple cabbage
- sliced or cubed avocado
- fresh cilantro
- Add the Sazon, orange juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, and both oils a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the chicken in an airtight container and pour in the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook heat a large skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan, careful not to crowd. You can work in batches.
- Allow the first side to cook about 4 minutes until golden brown. Flip and cook the second side another 4 minutes. They should be golden brown and have an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Allow the chicken to rest for several minutes before cutting them into cubes.
Rice and Beans
- Add the rice, Sazon, water, and salt to a medium sized stockpot over medium-low heat. Allow the rice to come to a boil and absorb most of the water.
- Once most of the water has been absorbed, turn off the heat and allow the rice to sit for 5 minutes before fluffing.
- Stir in the tomatoes and black beans.
Chicken Asado Bowls
- To build your bowls, add a layer of the rice and beans. Top with chicken. Add shredded cabbage, fresh cilantro, and avocado.