Is there any more perfect pairing than pasta and seafood? Give pasta night a fun twist with Gluten Free Salmon Pistachio Pesto Pasta.
As the days get warmer, I love having recipes that are filled with bright flavors that are equally delicious served warm or room temperature. This pasta dish is all about fresh ingredients and comes together effortlessly.
Fresh and Easy
Some pasta dishes are all about bold flavors and pure hearty comfort. Gluten Free Salmon Pistachio Pesto Pasta is light, bright, and perfect for long summer days.
Whether you’re looking for an elegant lunch or lighter dinner option, this pasta dish is something you can both entertain with and turn any night into an occasion with. I love that components of the dish can be made ahead of time allowing this to come together quickly.
This makes 2 portions. However, it’s easy to double up on the salmon and make more. The salmon gets a burst of flavor and beautiful crust from one of my favorite spice blends, Outside Table Everyday Herb.
I love the combination of garden fresh organic thyme and oregano with cayenne and crushed chili flakes. It gives that perfect balance of herbaceous with a little kick. All of Outside Table’s sauces and spice blends are certified organic, crafted in small batches, and artisanal made.
The pistachio pesto hugged every bite of pasta uses the bright citrusy pop of dill along with baby spinach for the verdant color and flavor. Lemon juice and zest add that zing while also complimenting the salmon.
Dinner in a Snap with Gluten Free Salmon Pistachio Pesto Pasta
Whether you bake your salmon and make your pesto ahead of time or whip this beautiful meal together before dinner, you only need 30 minutes to wow your family or friends.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Place your salmon filets into the baking dish and season them with the Outside Herb, a pinch of salt, and top them each with a slice of lemon.
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes or until the salmon easily flakes with a fork.
- While the salmon is baking, cook your Gluten Free pasta according to the package directions.
- Prepare your pesto. Simply add the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- To build your salmon pasta bowls, toss the pasta with the pesto. Top with the flaked salmon. You can also garnish with Dairy Free feta and fresh dill if desired.
Looking for more salmon ideas? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Roasted Fig Miso Salmon. Now let’s get cooking!
Gluten Free Salmon Pistachio
- 1 Baking Dish
- 1 Blender
- 1 stockpot
- 1 salmon filets 4 oz
- 1/2 tsp Outside Table Everyday Herb
- pinch of salt
- 2 slices of lemon
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 cup baby spinach
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pkg Gluten Free pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Dairy Free feta, for topping optional
- fresh dill, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Place the salmon filets into the baking dish. Season them with the Everyday Herb and a pinch of salt. Top them with the lemon slices.
- Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes until it easily flakes with a fork.
- Allow the salmon to cool slightly and then flake the filets.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the pesto sauce.
- Top the pasta with the flaked salmon.
- Garnish with extra dill and Dairy Free feta if desired.