Playoff season is in full swing and regardless of what team you're cheering for, it's all about the game day eats. The Ultimate Dairy Free Spinach Artichoke Dip gives the beloved classic creamy and savory dip an update the entire family can enjoy.
Does it even matter what the sport is as long as there is creamy and dreamy dip begging for double dipping? Whether is a cold dip like Dairy Free Loaded Baked Potato Dip, or this molten warm dip, it's always the right answer. Make it for game day, but serve it up any time the craving hits!
Sometimes the reason a dish is a classic is because of the ease of ingredients. The Ultimate Dairy Free Spinach Artichoke Dip combines verdant and fresh spinach with pantry staples you probably already have.
- Baby Spinach - Fresh is best! Not only will it give you the most flavor it will also give the best texture.
- Artichoke Hearts - Bright and a little citrusy, these add pure savory flavor and texture to every bite.
- Garlic - Adds a savory, pungent note.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese - Creamy, tangy, and the perfect melty and molten base for this dip. Use your favorite variety such as Kite Hill.
- Dairy Free Sour Cream - Helps thin out the cream cheese while keeping this dip tangy.
- Dairy Free Parmesan Cheese - Gives a nutty, salty, savory component to this dish and pairs well with the spinach.
- Salt and Pepper - Accents the flavors of all the ingredients without overpowering.
- Hot Sauce - Just a little splash gives a mild kick of heat.
- Onion - Sweetens as it cooks. Gives this spinach and artichoke dip depth.
- Olive Oil - Helps sweat down the fresh vegetables.
How to Make the Ultimate Dairy Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
Warm, gooey, luscious, and savory, this classic dip recipe is easy and delicious to recreate at home. The best part, you can make it ahead and then bake it off when you're ready to serve.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
The classic spinach artichoke dip gets a family friendly twist making it a dish everyone will love.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it's translucent.
Lower the heat. Add the spinach, artichoke hearts, and garlic. Continue to sauté until the spinach has wilted.
Add the cream cheese and continue to stir until it has melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Transfer the ingredients to a baking dish. Let the dip bake until it is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
This recipe is completely Dairy Free. However, you can make the same recipe with regular cream cheese and parmesan cheese. The measurements will be the same.
Like things a little spicy? Add a can of drained green chilis to this dip for a fun southwest spin.
Fresh is always best. However, you can use frozen spinach or baby spinach in this recipe. Make sure that it is fully defrosted and squeeze out all of the excess liquid from it.
This dip is great for making ahead. You can make the entire thing up until the point of baking. Transfer it to your baking dish and let cool completely. Then cover it and keep it refrigerated. Allow it to come to room temperature before baking.
This spinach artichoke dip also makes great leftovers. Keep it covered or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it will keep for up to a week. Reheat it in the microwave before serving.
How to Serve The Ultimate Dairy Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
This creamy dip begs you to dive in and get your dip on. You can use your favorite dippers. Here are just a few ideas.
- Gluten Free Bread
- Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Crackers
Top Tips for The Ultimate Dairy Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
There are certain foods that when you measure them out, they seem like a lot, but as soon as it hits the heat they magically shrink down. Spinach is at the top of the list. Five cups might seem like a lot of spinach, but it cooks down considerably.
Don't think of this just as dip! The leftovers heat up beautifully and become the perfect pasta sauce. Just toss with your favorite Gluten Free pasta and you have a quick weeknight dinner.
The Ultimate Dairy Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 large skillet or pot
- 1 Baking Dish
- 5 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese
- 4 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 8 oz Dairy Free parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- couple dashes of hot sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a pot over medium heat with olive oil. Add the onion. Sauté until it's translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low. Add the spinach, garlic, and artichokes. Stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the cream cheese and continue to stir until it is melted.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and spread out the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until warmed through and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite dippers. Enjoy!