The Superbowl is just around the corner and with it all of the fun game day eats. The Ultimate Cheeseburger Dip will have you being the MVP of the party and have your friends and a family double dipping.
Game day food should be fun and easy, like Gluten Free Rueban Sliders with Thousand Island. This fully loaded burger inspired dip combines hearty ground beef with all of your favorite burger toppings. And of course, plenty of molten, ooey gooey cheese.
The Ultimate Cheeseburger Dip is all about the play of textures and temperatures. Warm, tender ground beef is topped with cool and crunchy burger toppings. And you can't forget the drizzle of secret sauce! When beef is the main ingredient, you want to make sure that you start with the best.
- Ground Beef - Laura's Lean Ground Beef is the perfect beef for this dip. Because it's low in fat there's no need to drain any excess grease. This all-natural beef is free of antibiotics and hormones. The beef comes from cattle raised on a vegetarian diet as the cattle lives on pastures and is allowed to feed on natural grasses and grains.
- Bacon - Adds smoky, savory flavor. What's a cheeseburger without bacon after all?
- Onion - As the onion cooks down with the beef, it adds both sweet and savory flavor.
- Salt and Pepper
- Smoked Paprika - Echoes the smokiness of the bacon.
- Garlic Powder - Adds a pop of sharp, savory flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce - Adds salt, enhances the natural flavor of the beef, and adds umami.
- Ketchup - Used in both the ground beef mixture to add sweetness and texture, and also the dip to help create that special sauce, thousand island dressing.
- Dairy Free Shredded Cheese - What's a cheeseburger without the cheese? Adds savory flavor and creamy texture.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese - Makes the ground beef portion of this Dairy Free dip creamy and dreamy.
- Dairy Free Sour Cream - Adds tang and creaminess to the ground beef portion of the dip.
- Mayonnaise - Creates the base for the thousand island sauce that tops this Dairy Free cheeseburger dip.
- Mustard - Adds tang to the thousand island.
- Onion Powder - Gives a savory note to the burger dressing.
- Relish - Adds a little crunch and brine to the burger sauce.
- Burger Toppings - Add your favorite! Shredded lettuce adds crunch while fresh tomatoes give a little acidic sweetness.
How to Make the Ultimate Cheeseburger Dip
This one dish wonder goes from stove and oven to table in less than an hour. You will score a total touch down when it's love at first dip.
Time needed: 45 minutes.
Spiced ground beef is baked with Dairy Free cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar until molten. Top with your favorite burger toppings and don't forget that Mac sauce!
Preheat oven. You will want to use an over safe skillet or cast iron pan for this recipe so you can just transfer it to the oven after browning your meat.
Add your chopped bacon to a skillet and cook until it's lightly browned.
Add the ground beef and cook until it's halfway done. Add the onion and cook until they're translucent, about five minutes.
Remove half of the ground beef mixture. Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasonings, ketchup, cheeses, and sour cream to the pan and mix to combine. Spread and additional 1 ½ cups of Dairy Free cheese over the top. Top with the remaining ground beef.
Allow the cheeseburger dip to bake for 15 minutes or until warm and the cheese is melted.
- Finishing Touch
Mix together the ingredients for your sauce. Top with lettuce, diced tomatoes, and your favorite burger toppings. Drizzle on the sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe is completely Dairy Free and Gluten Free. You can make the same recipe with regular cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream. The measurements will be the same.
How to Serve the Ultimate Cheeseburger Dip
Get out your favorite dippers! Gluten Free tortilla chips are a classic pairing with the cheeseburger dip. You can also use Gluten Free tortillas or your favorite crudites like celery and carrot sticks.
There is no need to drain Laura's Lean Ground Beef. However, if you use a different ground beef for this recipe such as ground round or ground chuck, you may want to drain your beef before you add the onion.
The Ultimate Cheeseburger Dip
- 1 cast iron or oven proof skillet
- 1 lbs Laura's lean Ground Beef
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 ½ cups Dairy Free shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- Favorite burger toppings such as shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp relish
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat, Add the bacon. Let the bacon cook until it is beginning to brown, and the fat has rendered.
- Add the ground beef. Allow the ground beef to cook until it's halfway done, breaking it up with your spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onion and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the beef is cooked all the way through and the onion is translucent.
- Remove half of the meat mixture from the skillet and set it aside.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the seasonings, Worcestershire, sour cream, cream cheese, ketchup, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Smooth out the top and add 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar over the top.
- Allow the cheeseburger dip to bake for 15 minutes until bubbly.
- To serve, top with your favorite burger toppings. Drizzle the thousand island over the top.
Thousand Island Dressing
- Mix all of the ingredients together until fully combined.