What's on your game day menu? I don't know about you, but my favorite part of any big sports event is always the food. These Gluten Free Reuban Sliders with Thousand Island are always a game winning hit!
These hand held warm sandwiches are the perfect crowd pleaser. Ooey, savory, and completely dippable, they will keep you going till halftime.
Stacks of Flavor
When it comes to game day eating, regardless of the game, there are just certain requirements. These Gluten Free Reuban Sliders with Thousand Island check all the boxes.
Being from Michigan, we take our sports and our game day grub seriously. When you're jumping up in the air to celebrate a touchdown, you want something that you can easily hold in one hand...ideally with a drink in the other.
These stuffed and loaded sandwiches satisfy all of my game day cravings. Rich beefy spiced pastrami is balanced by tangy crunchy sauerkraut. Molten gooey melted Dairy Free cheese hugs the stack of meat.
One of my favorite parts of this recipe is that unlike a traditional Reuban there's no standing over a griddle or stove flipping sandwiches. These get assembled and baked, making them an ideal make ahead. Just have your dish ready to pop in the oven before the halftime show.
What takes these over the top is the homemade thousand island dressing. After being baked with a savory sauce, these warm sliders are served with tangy, creamy, slightly sweet and spicy thousand island sauce. For this recipe I am using my favorite relish, Wickles Pickles Original Relish.
Touch Down with Gluten Free Reuban Sliders with Thousand Island
Game day eats should be as easy as they are fun and delicious. These sandwiches are as fast to make as a QB spiraling a football down field.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Get your stack on. Place the bottoms of your Gluten Free buns in a baking dish. Add your sauerkraut, pastrami, and Dairy Free Swiss cheese. Stack the top buns on.
- Mix together your melted Dairy Free butter and seasonings. Pour over the top of the stacked sliders.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melty and the tops are a little toasty.
- To make your thousand island dressing simply mix the ingredients together and serve with your sliders. This part is a great make ahead as it just gets better the longer it sits in the refrigerator.
Quick, easy, and delicious! Are you looking for more game day inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Pulled Pork Potato Skins. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten Free Reuban Sliders with Thousand Island
- Baking Dish
- Serving bowl
- 4 Gluten Free rolls
- 8 oz pastrami
- 4 slices Dairy Free Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 tbsp spicy pickle relish
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the bottom half of your buns in a baking dish.
- Evenly distribute the sauerkraut. Top with the pastrami. Add a slice of Swiss cheese on each bun. Add the top buns.
- Mix together the melted butter and seasonings. Pour over the top of the 4 sliders.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve the sliders with the thousand island dressing.
Thousand Island Dressing
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.