The holiday season is in full swing and with it all of the festivities and celebrations. The Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake gives you that classic cookies and cream flavor in the decadence of a silky and rich cheesecake.
There is a reason cheesecake is such a popular dessert. In its purest form, such as The Best Dairy Free and Gluten Free Cheesecake, it's creamy, dreamy, and sumptuous. But it is also a base for beloved flavors such as this chocolate kissed Oreo version.
Go ahead and pull out those Gluten Free Oreo's. The Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake is the ideal dessert to celebrate the holidays with or even serve up at your Super Bowl party. From its rich chocolate crust to luscious filling, this cheesecake will be an instant hit.
- Gluten Free Oreos - Whether you like to twist them off and eat one half at a time or dip them into icy cold oat milk, these are the star of this Oreo cheesecake. They're not only the predominate flavor of the filling but also the base for the crust.
- Dairy Free Butter - Adds richness and helps hold the crust together.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese - A little tangy and irresistibly silky, this is the base of this dessert.
- Dairy Free Sour Cream - Adds a different level of tang and creaminess.
- Egg Yolks - Not only adds additional richness but also helps with the texture and rise.
- Vanilla Extract - The better quality the vanilla, the more intense and pronounced the flavor will be. There is a lot of vanilla in this recipe. The flavor of the vanilla balances the flavor of Dairy Free cream cheese.
How to Make the Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake
While there are a few steps to making dairy free cheesecake, they are all simple. With a few tips and tricks, you will feel like a total rockstar in the kitchen when you slice into this confection.
Time needed: 6 hours and 10 minutes.
The hardest part of making this cheesecake is the anticipation of that first slice as it chills and sets up in the refrigerator.
Preheat your oven to 325. Make sure that your ingredients are all at room temperature.
- In Crust We Trust
Add your Oreos to a blender and pulse until they are a fine, sandy crumb. Pour the Oreo crumbs into a bowl along with the melted Dairy Free butter. Mix to combine. Spray an 8"-9" springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Press the Oreo mixture into the pan to form the crust. Allow it to refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Creamy Dreamy
Add the sugar, vanilla, and eggs to a bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes until it's a little frothy and the sugar is mostly dissolved. Add the room temperature cream cheese and mix on high for 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix for another 3 minutes. The mixture will be incredibly creamy.
Pour the mixture into the prepared crust. Place the springform pan on the middle rack in the middle of the oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Do not open the oven door during this time!
- Cool Down
Allow the cheesecake to sit on the counter for an hour before refrigerating it for at least 4 hours. You can make this the day before.
I used Gluten Free Oreos for this recipe, but you can use your favorite Gluten Free chocolate sandwich cookie. In addition, you can also use regular Oreos if you just want this recipe to be Dairy Free.
This cheesecake is a great make ahead dessert. Not only does it need to refrigerate for at least four hours in order to set up, but it actually gets better. It will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Keep it chilled until ready to serve, and covered with plastic wrap or foil.
Top Tip for the Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake
Cheesecake of any variety is all about the texture. To ensure that your cheesecake is creamy and dream from the first bite to the last, make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature when you mix this. This doesn't just include the cream cheese, but also the eggs and sour cream. This will ensure it easily mixes together and remains lump free.
The Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 mixing bowl/mixer
- 1 8" to 9" springform pan
- 2 ¾ cups Gluten Free Oreos, crushed
- 7 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oreos, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8" to 9" springform pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add the Oreos to a blender and pulse until they are a fine crumb.
- Combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and mix well. Press the mixture into the springform pan to form the crust.
- Refrigerate the crust while you prepare the filling.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla to a mixing bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for another 3 minutes. The mixture will be super creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Place the springform pan on the middle rack in the middle of the oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Do not open the oven during this time!
- Allow the cheesecake to cool on the counter for an hour.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Slice and enjoy!