The holiday season is in full swing and with it all of the festivities and celebrations. The Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake gives you that classic cookies and cream flavor in the decadence of a silky and rich cheesecake.
There is a reason cheesecake is such a popular dessert. In its purest form, such as The Best Dairy Free and Gluten Free Cheesecake, it's creamy, dreamy, and sumptuous. But it is also a base for beloved flavors such as this chocolate kissed Oreo version.
Go ahead and pull out those Gluten Free Oreo's. The Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake is the ideal dessert to celebrate the holidays with or even serve up at your Super Bowl party. From its rich chocolate crust to luscious filling, this cheesecake will be an instant hit.
- Gluten Free Oreos - Whether you like to twist them off and eat one half at a time or dip them into icy cold oat milk, these are the star of this Oreo cheesecake. They're not only the predominate flavor of the filling but also the base for the crust.
- Dairy Free Butter - Adds richness and helps hold the crust together.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese - A little tangy and irresistibly silky, this is the base of this dessert.
- Dairy Free Sour Cream - Adds a different level of tang and creaminess.
- Egg Yolks - Not only adds additional richness but also helps with the texture and rise.
- Vanilla Extract - The better quality the vanilla, the more intense and pronounced the flavor will be. There is a lot of vanilla in this recipe. The flavor of the vanilla balances the flavor of Dairy Free cream cheese.
How to Make the Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake
While there are a few steps to making dairy free cheesecake, they are all simple. With a few tips and tricks, you will feel like a total rockstar in the kitchen when you slice into this confection.
Time needed: 6 hours and 10 minutes.
The hardest part of making this cheesecake is the anticipation of that first slice as it chills and sets up in the refrigerator.
Preheat your oven to 325. Make sure that your ingredients are all at room temperature.
- In Crust We Trust
Add your Oreos to a blender and pulse until they are a fine, sandy crumb. Pour the Oreo crumbs into a bowl along with the melted Dairy Free butter. Mix to combine. Spray an 8"-9" springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Press the Oreo mixture into the pan to form the crust. Allow it to refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Creamy Dreamy
Add the sugar, vanilla, and eggs to a bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes until it's a little frothy and the sugar is mostly dissolved. Add the room temperature cream cheese and mix on high for 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix for another 3 minutes. The mixture will be incredibly creamy.
Pour the mixture into the prepared crust. Place the springform pan on the middle rack in the middle of the oven. Bake for 50-65 minutes. The very center of the cheesecake will still jiggle a little.
- Cool Down
Allow the cheesecake to sit on the counter for an hour before refrigerating it for at least 4 hours. You can make this the day before.
How to Make This Recipe with Dairy
This same recipe can be made with full dairy cream cheese and sour cream. The measurements and bake time will be the same.
How to Make This Recipe with Traditional Oreos
Not gluten free? No problem! You can make this same recipe for Oreo cheesecake with regular Oreos as well. The measurements and bake time will be the same. Don't forget to garnish with some extra cookies!
How to Decorate Oreo Cheesecake
This cheesecake is a bite of pure bliss on its own, but can easily be taken over the top with the addition of frosting. Vanilla buttercream frosting is the perfect crowning glory while swirls of chocolate buttercream provide a sweet and dainty flourish. Don't forget to garnish with extra Oreos! The buttercream recipe is listed in the recipe card and can be made full dairy or dairy free.
- Vanilla Buttercream - Spread a layer of vanilla buttercream over the top. Use an offset spatula to even it out.
- Chocolate Buttercream - Use a piping bag to create swirls of chocolate buttercream.
- Garnish - Nestle whole Oreos into the chocolate buttercream. Make sure your cheesecake stays cool for the perfect anchor.
This cheesecake is a great make ahead dessert. Not only does it need to refrigerate for at least four hours in order to set up, but it actually gets better. It will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Keep it chilled until ready to serve, and covered with plastic wrap or foil.
Top Tip for the Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake
Cheesecake of any variety is all about the texture. To ensure that your cheesecake is creamy and dream from the first bite to the last, make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature when you mix this. This doesn't just include the cream cheese, but also the eggs and sour cream. This will ensure it easily mixes together and remains lump free.
As tempting as it is to open that door and check on your cheesecake, don't open the oven until at least the 50-minute mark. The center of the cheesecake will still jiggle a little. This is normal.
The Best Dairy Free Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 mixing bowl/mixer
- 1 8" to 9" springform pan
- 2 ¾ cups Gluten Free Oreos, crushed
- 7 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- 16 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oreos, crushed
Vanilla and Chocolate Buttercream
- 1 ½ cups butter, room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup oat milk
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8" to 9" springform pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add the Oreos to a blender and pulse until they are a fine crumb.
- Combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and mix well. Press the mixture into the springform pan to form the crust.
- Refrigerate the crust while you prepare the filling.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla to a mixing bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for another 3 minutes. The mixture will be super creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Place the springform pan on the middle rack in the middle of the oven. Bake for 50-65 minutes.
- The center of the cheesecake will still jiggle a little.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool on the counter for an hour.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- If desired, spread vanilla buttercream over the top. Use a piping bag to pipe swirls of chocolate buttercream. Garnish with additional Oreos.
- Slice and enjoy!
Vanilla and Chocolate Buttercream
- Add the softened butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and oat milk to a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Remove ½ cup of the vanilla buttercream and set aside.
- Add the espresso powder and cocoa powder to the larger bowl of buttercream and mix well to combine.
Looks absolutely delicious!!