Are you in the mood for a delightful treat that strikes the perfect balance between sweet and savory? Look no further than these Sweet Potato Crisp Bites.
They’re a delicious creation, combining tender sweet potatoes with a crispy, nutty topping that’s absolutely irresistible.
What’s even better? These little bites are incredibly versatile, making them an ideal choice for dessert, appetizer, or a side dish. So, whether you’re preparing for a big holiday feast or just craving a cozy evening in, Sweet Potato Crisp Bites will be your go-to recipe.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SWEET POTATO CRISP BITES
- Perfect Harmony of Flavors: Each bite is a medley of tastes, with the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes blending seamlessly with the rich, savory essence of the crumble topping.
- Quick and Easy: These bites are hassle-free to make, requiring minimal preparation and straightforward steps. Whether it’s a last-minute gathering or a quiet night at home, you can whip them up without breaking a sweat.
- Versatility at Its Best: Sweet Potato Crisp Bites are like culinary chameleons. They can shine as an appetizer, complement your holiday feast as a side dish, or be the delightful dessert that sweetens your day.
- Wholesome Goodness: With sweet potatoes providing essential vitamins and fiber, these bites offer a healthier option without compromising on flavor.
- Holiday Perfection: These bites are ideal for any festive occasion, whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other special celebration. They combine coziness and festivity, giving your guests a warm welcome.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE SWEET POTATO CRISP BITES
- Chopped pecans
- Rolled oats
- Cold butter (dairy-free also works)
- Gluten-free flour
- Sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced 1/4″ thick)
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE SWEET POTATO CRISP BITES
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- 2 Cookie Sheets
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO CRISP BITES
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients until you have a rough crumble.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into 1/4″ thick rounds.
- Place the sweet potato rounds on the prepared cookie sheets and generously top them with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on the pecans; if they start to brown too much, you can tent some aluminum foil on top.
- Once your Sweet Potato Crisp Bites are out of the oven, they should be tender. Allow them to cool for 10-20 minutes and savor the deliciousness.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I prepare these in advance for a party?
Yes, these bites can be made ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container, and they’ll still be delicious when it’s time to serve.
Can I adjust the sweetness level of these bites?
Certainly, you can drizzle a bit of honey over the top before baking if you prefer a sweeter taste.
What’s the best way to store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the oven to maintain their delightful crispiness.
Sweet Potato Crisp Bites
- Measuring cups/spoons
- mixing bowls
- 2 Cookie Sheets
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter I used a dairy free
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced 1/4″ thick
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl until a rough crumble.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel potatoes and slice 1/4″ thick.
- Place on the cookie sheet and top with crumble topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Tip: If the nuts start to brown too much tent aluminum foil on top.
- Remove from the oven, the potato should be tender.
Sweet Potato Crisp Bites are a delight for any occasion, offering a delectable blend of flavors in an easy-to-make package. Whether you serve them as an appetizer, side dish, or dessert, they’ll be a hit. Try this versatile recipe, and you’ll have a delightful dish that’s perfect for holidays, gatherings, or a cozy night at home. Happy cooking!