Life gets busy with work, school, appointments, and the never ending to-do list. This Roasted Veggie Coconut Curry with Quinoa is the recipe you need.
It’s great to have a go to recipe that not only is easy to prepare, but that you can make ahead of time and feel good about eating and serving your family. As always it’s gluten free and dairy free.
A Celebration of Color and Flavor
They say we eat with our eyes first. This vibrant dish awash in a rainbow of vegetables will instantly brighten your day.
I’ve included the roasted vegetables I used in the recipe but feel free to customize this to what you have and what you like. For example, love beets? Add them! You have brussels sprouts that need to be used? Toss them onto the sheet pan.
Whether you use this combination of veggies or mix and match your own, each one provides its own unique flavor and texture. You can make this Roasted Veggie Coconut Curry with Quinoa your own.
Because we’re talking flavors, let’s talk sauce. The magic of this dish is the creamy coconut curry sauce with nuanced notes of citrusy lemongrass, earthy turmeric, and bright coriander. Swimming in a comforting pool of coconut milk, chickpeas provide a powerhouse of protein and flavor.
For this dish I used 8 Track Foods Blonde Chickpeas. I love this female-owned company for their commitment to making healthy and sustainable foods available to everyone. You can taste the difference in their organic beans and know you are supporting a company giving back to both the community and the environment.
Meal Prep with Roasted Veggie Coconut Curry with Quinoa
There are three components to this dish, and aside from coming together quickly, you can prepare all three separately and at different times.
First you will want to prepare your base. For this recipe I am using quinoa. You can also use rice, farro, or your favorite grain. For extra flavor prepare your grain in vegetable stock to keep it vegan.
The second portion of this dish are the gorgeous roasted vegetables. Just chop, drizzle with walnut oil, season, and roast. Prepare these the night before or several days before. Because you’re roasting these at high heat they will retain their texture.
The final component of this dish is that luxurious sauce resplendent in spices with the chickpeas. 10 minutes of simmering and you’re on your way to a beautiful lunch or dinner.
Note: If you love curry, be sure to check out my recipe for Coconut Cauliflower Sweet Potato Bisque.
Now get out your sheet pan and let’s make Roasted Veggie Coconut Curry with Quinoa.
Roasted Veggie Coconut Curry with Quinoa
- Roasting pan/baking sheet
- Medium stock pot
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and broken into florets
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed, approximately 3 cups I used purple sweet potatoes
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Evenly spread veggies on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle walnut oil over all of the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
Chickpeas in Curry Sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Stir until well incorporated.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes until the coconut milk has slightly thickened and reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the sauce of the roasted veggies and quinoa.