Coconut Cauliflower Sweet Potato Bisque is such a warm hug for the soul, you won’t know it’s dairy free.
The ultimate comfort!
There’s something magical about soup. It makes you feel like you’ve been given a warm, comforting hug. The aroma perfumes the air. The steam rising up from the bowl beckoning you to lap up the first spoonful.
Don’t you love the possibilities and combinations of ingredients and flavors playing together and mingling to create the perfect bite?
This coconut cauliflower sweet potato bisque is an experience for the senses. The thick, luxurious, creamy texture will have you coming back again and again while the combination of sweet and savory fruits and vegetables accented with a celebration of warm spices will have you craving the next spoonful.
Decadence that’s good for you
This bisque feels and tastes decadent yet nourishes the body and soul. Part of the flavor boost comes from Osso Good Golden Broth.
Organic chicken, earthy turmeric, warm and spicy ginger, an accent of sweet maple, and little pop from peppercorns make this broth delicious on its own, and the perfect base for this soup. With no added salt, you’re in control of the flavors allowing each ingredient to shine.
The natural sweet creaminess of coconut milk and the thickness of the pureed vegetables will have you thinking this soup is heavy in cream or thickened with a roux, but it is both dairy and gluten free. Each ingredient shines and compliments each other.
Coconut Cauliflower Sweet Potato Bisque, All Day Cooked Flavor
Unlike many soups that require simmering away all day to build flavor, this coconut cauliflower sweet potato bisque gets part of its flavor from roasting all of the vegetables. The caramelization deepens and intensifies the sweetness of the sweet potatoes, onions, and apples and brings out the natural nuttiness of the cauliflower. You will want to cut all of your vegetables into fairly equal sizes so they roast evenly.
Not only does roasting the vegetables draw out their flavors, it also brings depth to the spices. For this dish, I am using ras el hanout, a Moroccan seasoning blend that includes warm spices like mace, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, bright fresh coriander, and citrusy cumin, along with even more turmeric. Your kitchen will smell incredible as the vegetables roast away.
Are you hungry yet? Let’s make coconut cauliflower sweet potato turmeric bisque!
Dairy Free Coconut Turmeric Sweet Potato Soup
- Baking Sheet
- Stock Pot
- Immersion Blender
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and broken into florets
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into cubes Granny Smith recommended
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 16 oz Osso Good Golden Broth
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- fresh cilantro for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a sheet pan, add the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, apples, and onion and toss in olive oil, evenly coating. Season with the ras el hanout and kosher salt.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are golden brown and the sweet potatoes are soft.
- In a stock pot, combine the roasted vegetables and Golden Broth. Stir to combine.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with cilantro if using.