Fall is in full swing and with it comes the cravings for the warm spices and autumn produce. Pork Chops with Dairy Free Apple Cider Glaze is the easy and delicious comfort food perfect for any night of the week.
Pork chops are always great option for weeknight meals, such as Easy Spiced Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Puree. Cook cooking yet completely cozy and satisfying, they’re a family favorite comfort food.
There’s just something so satisfying about cutting into a thick, juicy pork chop. Pork Chops with Dairy Free Apple Cider Glaze require only a handful of easily accessible ingredients and are destined to become a new fall favorite.
- Pork Chops – For the best result, you will want to pick thick cut, bone in chops. Since these pork chops are seared and then finished in the oven, this will help ensure they cook up juicy and tender.
- Kosher Salt – Seasons the pork and also enhances all of the flavors.
- Yellow Curry Powder – Adds color, warm spices, and depth of flavor without adding too much spice. Use your favorite blend.
- Ancho Chili Powder – Earthy with a fruity flavor like a raisin, this adds depth without the heat.
- Black Pepper – A little floral and earthy, it gives just a hint of spice.
- Olive Oil – Helps sear the pork chops and create a crust.
- Apple Cider – Sweet and bright, this is the base for the glaze.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Adds a zesty burst of tang to balance the sweetness.
- Garlic – Aromatic and savory, this balances the sweetness in the glaze.
- Honey – Adds a hint of sweetness to the glaze and helps create a sweet and sour note with the apple cider vinegar.
How to Make Pork Chops with Dairy Free Apple Cider Glaze
With just a few simple steps this one skillet meal comes together effortlessly. Easy enough for a weeknight meal yet elegant enough for date night, this is a fun new take on the classic duo of pork and apples.
Time needed: 45 minutes
Warm spices combined with a sweet and sour glaze will make this your new favorite way to eat pork chops.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Add your spices to a bowl and mix to combine. Season both sides of your pork chops with the spice blend.
Allow your oven safe skillet to heat over medium heat with olive oil. Add your pork chops. Let the first side sear for 3 minutes before flipping. Cook the second side for another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Place your pan into the oven and allow the pork chops to bake until they have researched your desired level of doneness. Remove from the pan.
Place the skillet back on the stove over medium heat. Add all of the ingredients for the glaze and stir to combine. Let the glaze reduce by half.
- Finishing Touch
Plate your pork chops and pour the glaze over the top. Enjoy!
For Pork Chops with Dairy Free Apple Cider Glaze, I am using Hestan’s NanoBond skillets. They are heat safe up to 1050 degrees making them perfect for stove to oven, and also on the grill. They’re dishwasher safe and stain, scratch, and stick resistant. This Italian made cookware is also 100% toxin free.
While pork chops work best for this recipe, you can also use pork tenderloin. You will just need to adjust to cooking time as lean pork tenderloin cooks fast.
Top Tip for Pork Chops with Dairy Free Apple Cider Glaze
When you are building your glaze, make sure to scrape up all of the brown bits left behind from cooking the pork chops. This is called the fond and possesses a ton of flavor.
In addition, using an instant read thermometer is a great way to ensure you cook your pork chops to your desired level of doneness. 160 is the recommended temperature, but between 140-150 will ensure you have a juicy chop every time. Because of carry over cooking their temp will continue to rise even after being removed from the heat.
Pork Chops with Dairy Free Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 oven safe skillet
Spiced Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops, thick cut, bone-in recommended
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp yellow curry power
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the spices to a bowl and mix to combine. Season both sides of the pork chops with the spice mix.
- heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Add the pork chops.
- Cook the first side for 3 minutes, allowing it to develop a golden-brown sear. Flip them and cook them for about the same amount of time.
- Transfer the pork chops to the oven and cook them to your level of doneness. Remove from the skillet and allow them to rest.
- Place the skillet back on the stove on medium heat.
- Add the ingredients for the apple cider glaze. Stir to combine making sure to scrape up the brown bits in the pan.
- Allow the glaze to come to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Place the pork chops. Pour the glaze over the top.