This Passion Fruit Curd recipe gives you the ultimate taste of summer with its irresistibly sweet and tangy flavors. So get ready because this is your new favorite summer recipe!
Whether hosting a summer soirée or simply treating yourself to a well-deserved indulgence, this Passion Fruit Curd will surely be a showstopper. So, go ahead and embrace the tropical vibes, and allow this tantalizing dessert to transport you to a paradise of flavor and bliss. Let’s get ready to savor the taste of summer with every spoonful!
Why You’ll Love This Passion Fruit Curd
Not only is this recipe so easy to make, but it’s genuinely a delicious epitome of summertime treats! Here are some reasons you are SURE to love this recipe:
- Quick and easy to make. This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to whip up, and most of the time is spent letting it cool in the fridge.
- Make it ahead. Are you planning a get-together or party? You can make the curd a day or two ahead of time, which means it’s one less thing to make on the day of your event – that’s a win-win!
- So many uses. With the way the flavors come together, this Passion Fruit Curd is genuinely a party favorite. You can eat it by itself, as a topping, as a filling – the list goes on!
Ingredients You Need To Make Passion Fruit Curd
You’ll be whipping up this recipe with just three ingredients in no time!
- Sugar. You have to add a little bit of sweetness!
- Passion Fruit Juice. Make sure the seeds are removed, but this is where you get the delicious tangy and tropical flavors.
- Eggs. An essential ingredient for any curd; this helps thicken everything up.
How To Make Passion Fruit Curd
Ready to get started? Grab a mixing bowl, stock pot, and whisk and head to the stove. Honestly – this is so easy you’ll be wondering why you didn’t make this sooner!
Time Needed: 30 minutes
- Get all the seeds out of the passion fruit (if using fresh). An excellent way to do this is to strain the juice with a simple strainer like this.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix. Pour into a stock pot and place over low heat.
- Whisk, whisk, whisk! You’ll want to do this for about 8-12 minutes until the mixture is thickened.
- Once thick, pour it into your favorite bowl and pop it into the fridge to cool completely.
How To Make Passion Fruit Curd Gluten Free and Dairy Free
Ready for some good news?! This Passion Fruit Curd is already naturally gluten-free and dairy free! So, you won’t need to change anything up at all.
Commonly Asked Questions
How do you store curd?
Once your curd is cooled off in the refrigerator, it can be stored in an airtight container for 1 to 2 weeks max.
What do you use Passion Fruit Curd for?
You can use it for so many things! Some of my favorite things to use curd for are as a filling for other recipes, a topping for things like bread, bagels, or muffins, or just as a quick treat when I have a sweet tooth!
Is Passion Fruit grainy?
Your curd shouldn’t be grainy. If you find that it is, you didn’t mix the eggs well enough. Don’t worry – it’s still totally fine to eat, though!
What should the texture of my curd be?
It should be the texture of yogurt or pudding – soft and smooth! You’ll want to be able to easily spread your curd on a piece of bread or grab a spoonful out of the container to eat in a hurry.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This is sweet, tangy, and screams summer! I love how quickly it comes together and can be used in many different recipes.
Passion Fruit Curd
- Mixing Bowl
- Stock Pot
- Stove Top
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup passion fruit juice
- 4 eggs room temp
- If you're using fresh passion fruit, strain the seeds.
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl, mix well and pour into a small stockpot.
- Place over low heat and whisk constantly.
- After two minutes increase the heat to med/low.
- Continually whisk until thickened approx. 8-12 minutes.
- Once the mixture thickens, remove from heat, pour into a bowl, cover, and place in the fridge to cool completely. Enjoy!