Labor Day is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with a pile of sticky wings? Grilled Gluten Free Orange Glazed Chicken Wings will have your rolling up your sleeves and diving in for seconds.
Chicken wings are the ultimate party food. From Gluten Free Baked Chicken Wings with Golden Sauce to these sweet, sticky, and smoky wings, they’re always the right answer. So, get out your tongs, fire up the grill, and let’s get smoking.
Grilled chicken wings are good. Smoked chicken wings are great! These Grilled Gluten Free Orange Glazed Chicken wings pack a punch of flavor in every bite.
Is there anything better than the combination of crispy skin and smoky succulent meat? Adding that caress of smoke to your wings has never been easier than with Western Premium BBQ Products. Whether you’re firing up your gas grill or getting your charcoal going, using smoking chips is an easy way to infuse that mysterious ingredient of smoke.
For this recipe I used Western Hickory BBQ Smoking Chips. The strong and slightly sweet hickory pairs well with the sweet kiss of orange in these wings.
The glaze for these wings takes just a few simple ingredients. Freshly squeezed orange juice is combined with sweet honey, the kick of Korean chili paste, and aromatic garlic. A little sweet, a little spicy, and so sticky good!
How to Make Grilled Gluten Free Orange Glazed Chicken
The first rule of these chicken wings, make extra! Whether you’re team drum or team flat, they won’t last long.
Time needed: 35 minutes
Invite some friends over and fire up your grill. These saucy and sassy wings will be the hit of the party.
Preheat your grill to 350-400 degrees.
Create your smoke pack. Add two cups of the Western Hickory BBQ Smoking Chips to a large piece of foil. Create a pouch, leaving an opening at the top for the smoke to escape. Place it on the grill to the side.
Season your wings with salt and pepper. Place them on the grill next to the foil pouch. Cook each side about 5-8 minutes per side until golden, flipping until done, at least 165 degrees.
Place your ingredients for the sauce into a grill safe saucepan. Allow it to reduce by half and thicken.
- Finishing Touch
Place the Grilled Gluten Free Orange Glazed Chicken Wings into a bowl and pour the sauce of the top. Toss to fully coat. Enjoy!
While chicken is done at 165 degrees, you can cook chicken wings longer. For crispy skin and juicy succulent meat, grill your chicken wings to at least 175, flipping them often so they char but don’t burn.
In addition, you can use this foil pack method to add smoke to any type of grilled meat or vegetable, not just chicken wings. It’s an easy way to add additional flavor to all of your favorite grilled foods with any type of grill.
Grilled Gluten Free Orange Glazed Chicken Wings
- 1 grill
- 1 grill safe saucepan
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Korean chili paste
- 2 cups Western Hickory BBQ Smoking Chips
- Preheat grill to 350-400 degrees.
- Create your foil smoke pack. Add 2 cups of smoking wood chips to a large piece of foil and fold to create a pouch, leaving an opening at the top for the smoke to escape.
- Set the pouch on your heated grates next to where you will place the chicken wings.
- Add the orange juice, honey, garlic, and chili paste to a grill safe saucepan and stir to combine. Place it on the grill and allow it to simmer and reduce by half and thicken.
- Season your chicken wings with salt and pepper. Place them on the hot grill grates.
- Allow the first side of the wings to grill for 5-8 minutes before flipping them. Grill the second side for the same amount of time.
- Continue to flip your chicken wings allowing them to char evenly and get crispy. They should be at least 165 degrees.
- Place the cooked chicken wings into a bowl. Pour the orange glaze over the top and toss to fully coat.