Some desserts are just an instant hit of nostalgia. Whether it’s s’mores, or Rice Krispie treats, there are certain sweets that instantly bring up memories of childhood. These Gluten Free White Chocolate Blueberry Rice Krispie Treats are a twist on the classic.
These personal sized poppable treats are ideal for bake sales, to tuck into lunches, or as a sweet little confection in the afternoon. The best part? No baking required!
Rice Krispie treats in general are just a beloved family favorite among so many. Gluten Free White Chocolate Blueberry Rice Krispie Treats are not just delicious to eat, they’re a fun activity to get your kids into the kitchen.
Who grew up making Rice Krispie Treats? It’s almost a rite of passage of childhood, standing on a stool at the stove, stirring the butter and marshmallows until they all melted into one sticky mess.
How about the excitement of the puffed rice cereal going in, wondering if they would all fit into the pot? Or the way they sounded as they were stirred, getting hugged in that ooey gooey marshmallow goodness?
These Rice Krispie treats get the razzle dazzle treatment with the sweet, tart pop of dried blueberries. A fabulous drizzle of melted Dairy Free white chocolate over the top along with a sprinkle of sliced almonds caps them off.
Getting Melty with Gluten Free White Chocolate Blueberry Rice Krispie Treats
Get out a big pot and let’s have some fun in the kitchen. The only difficult part about this sweet confection is not eating them all in one sitting!
- Heat your Dairy Free butter in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Once your butter is melted add your marshmallows. No judgement if a couple get eaten before they hit the pot.
- Stir the marshmallows until melted and then stir in your cereal.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in your blueberries and white chocolate chips.
- You can either pour the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish or make individual portions in a muffin tin. The choice is completely up to you!
- Have fun decorating the top! Drizzle melted white chocolate over the top of your Gluten Free White Chocolate Blueberry Rice Krispie Treats. Garnish the top with sliced almonds.
Are you looking for more easy no-bake recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Dairy Free Cookie Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie.
Gluten and Dairy Free White Chocolate Blueberry Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 large pot
- 9×13 baking dish or muffin tins (makes 24)
- 8.5 oz Gluten Free puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 2 cups Dairy Free white chocolate chips, divided
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- sliced almonds for topping
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat with the butter.
- Once the butter is melted add in the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in the cereal.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in 1 cup of white chocolate chips and the dried blueberries.
- Pour the Rice Krispie mixture into either a 9×13 baking dish or portion into muffin tins. This recipe makes 24 in muffin tins.
- Melt the remaining cup of white chocolate chips.
- Drizzle over the Rice Krispie Treats.
- Top with slivered almonds.