What better way to celebrate the weekend than with a warm slice of homemade banana bread? The way it perfumes the entire kitchen always sets a mood. This Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Banana Bread is a fun twist on a classic.
This might be my new favorite version of banana bread. The classic combination of bananas and chocolate have never tasted so good as they do in this tender and moist bread.
A Classic with a Twist
I love updating classics like banana bread, whether it’s my Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread Donuts or this Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Banana Bread. You still have all of the familiarity of something nostalgic, but with new and fun flavors.
Almost all of my baked goods start with my favorite flour, Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour. This makes taking recipes that are made with regular flour easy to transform into Gluten Free as they measure the same.
The ripe bananas are what gives this banana bread its incredible texture and tenderness. Banana bread is a great use for those bananas that went from not quite ready to eat to you better eat me now overnight.
The star of this banana bread is the trifecta of sweet and rich chocolate. Cocoa powder makes sure every bite is decadent and a little fudgy. Dairy Free dark chocolate chips and Dairy Free semi-sweet chocolate chips give you both texture and that slightly melted bite of chocolate. You can also use your favorite Dairy Free chocolate bars, simply chop them up into bite sized shards.
How to Make Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
With just a few simple steps and tips, this is sure to become your new favorite banana bread.
Time needed: 2 hours
Give those over ripe bananas new like with this triple chocolate decadent treat.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9″ loaf pan and set it aside.
- Mix it Up
Add your sugar and eggs to a mixing bowl and mix on high for a couple of minutes. The sugar should be slightly dissolved and the eggs lighter in color and a little frothy. Mix in your room temperature butter, vanilla, and ripe bananas. Add in your flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder until just combined. Fold in your chocolate.
- Bake Time
Pour your batter into your prepared baking dish. Allow it to bake for 45-55 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Cool Down
Let your banana bread cool completely before slicing and serving.
How to Measure Bananas
We’ve all made banana bread or seen recipes that call for half a cup or a cup of bananas. But how much do you actually need when it comes to measuring bananas themselves? When it comes to measuring bananas, a recipe can state whether it’s chopped, or mashed, as in most banana bread recipes. However, they both measure slightly differently! Keep in mind that when adding bananas to a recipe more banana doesn’t equal more flavor. Instead, it could leave you with a dense or mushy finished product. Instead, you want to use the ripest bananas possible for the most intense banana flavor.
Here is an easy guide to use the next time you need to measure out fresh banana for a recipe.
- 1/2 banana: 1/3 cup chopped | 1/4 cup mashed
- 1 banana: 2/3 cup chopped | 1/2 cup mashed
- 1-1/2 bananas: 1 cup chopped | 3/4 cup mashed
- 2 bananas: 1-1/3 cups chopped | 1 cup mashed
- 3 bananas: 2 cups chopped | 1-1/2 cups mashed
- 4 bananas: 2-2/3 cups chopped | 2 cups mashed
Top Tip for Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
When it comes to any type of baking, including this banana bread, always be gentle with mixing in your flour. This will help ensure you have that tender bite every time. This is why I gently fold in the chocolate at the very end.
Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 9" loaf pan
- 2 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 ripe bananas large
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dairy Free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Dairy Free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9" loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add your eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix on high for a couple of minutes.
- Add the bananas, Dairy Free butter, and vanilla and mix.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.