Who says weeknight meals can't be big and bold on flavor? This Gluten Free Smoky Chipotle Tomato Chicken Pasta combines pantry staples with fresh ingredients for a hearty and comforting pasta dish.
With just a handful of ingredients, this hearty pasta dish comes together in less than half an hour. While it might be time friendly, it delivers on that all day cooked flavor.
Bold Flavor Fast
What are your favorite go-to week night ingredients? There's something about chicken and pasta that is perfect for a quick but delicious easy meal. Gluten Free Smoky Chipotle Tomato Chicken Pasta combines both into a savory rich dish.
There's a saying somewhere by some wise person that all good things start with bacon. Well, this pasta begins its layers of flavor and first component of smoke with bacon.
Adding depth to the sauce and another layer of flavor is chipotle puree. For this recipe I am using Louisiana Pepper Exchange Chipotle Puree. This puree contains three simple ingredients, chipotle, a touch of vinegar, and salt. It perfumes the whole dish with its smokiness and sassy kick of spice.
Balancing out the heat is Dairy Free heavy cream. Rich, decadent, and luxurious it gives the sauce that hug the pasta texture.
Fresh grape tomatoes add a burst of freshness and sweetness. There's something about getting that perfect pasta twirl of chicken thigh, bacon, and tomato.
Dinner in a Hurry with Gluten Free Smoky Chipotle Tomato Chicken Pasta
Weeknight meals should never be complicated. I love this recipe for how easy it is, and how each layer just builds on flavor and texture. Let's take it step by step so you can have dinner ready from skillet to table.
- Pick your favorite Gluten Free pasta. I like a fettucine or linguine shape for this. If you're using fresh pasta remember it cooks in usually three minutes or less.
- Brown your bacon. You want the chopped pieces to get crispy and release their fat into the pan.
- After removing your bacon from the pan cook your chopped chicken thighs in the drippings. I love using chicken thighs in this recipe because they stay tender and moist while adding richer flavor than chicken breast.
- Once the chicken is cooked through add the bacon back into the pan along with the heavy cream, chipotle puree, grape tomatoes, garlic, and salt and pepper. Allow everything to cook for ten minutes so the sauce can reduce, the flavors marry, and the tomatoes to soften and burst a little.
- Toss your pasta in and stir so every last noodle is coated. Top with your favorite herb such as chives or parsley for a burst of fresh flavor.
Are you looking for more quick and easy dinner recipes? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Lemon White Wine Chicken Pasta. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten Free Smoky Chipotle Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Stock Pot
- Large skillet
- 1 pkg Gluten Free pasta
- 1 lbs chicken thighs, chopped boneless/skinless
- ½ lbs bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper puree
- ½ cup Dairy Free heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Chives or parsley for serving
- Cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add bacon and cook until rendered and crispy. Remove bacon and allow to drain.
- Add chicken to the same pan. Allow to brown on all sides and cook through.
- Add the bacon back to the pan along with the remaining ingredients. Cook for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and the tomatoes become soft.
- Add the pasta and toss to combine.
- Top with chopped chives or parsley. Enjoy!