Who loves an elegant but easy weeknight meal? It doesn't need to take a lot of time to make dinner special. This Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Cordon Bleu is sure to make any night an event.
Is there anything more comforting than the combination of ham and cheese? This classic dish retains all of its savory flavor while getting a Gluten Free and Dairy Free update.
Healthy in a Hurry
It is possible to create healthy and delicious meals with just a handful of ingredients and minimal time. This Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Cordon Bleu is sure to become a part of your weekly rotation.
Tender and juicy on the inside and delicately crispy on the outside, this chicken is as much about the balance of flavors as it is the texture. The chicken comes together in 30 minutes making it ideal for any night of the week. Just add your favorite salad and you have a balanced and healthy dinner that is delicious.
For this recipe I am using Dairy Free gouda. You can use your favorite style of Dairy Free cheese. I recommend using thinly sliced ham to help make the rolling of the chicken breasts easier.
Dijon mustard is spread on the inside of each thing cutlet. This not only adds a layer of tang but also acts as the glue for the ham. What makes this chicken extra special is herbaceous crunch of the coating.
Outside Table Everyday Herb gives a fresh and bright pop to every bite. Thyme and oregano are combined with a little cayenne for heat. I love Outside Table because they fresh flavors make creating quick and easy dishes like this a breeze.
Outside Table has a full line of artisanal spice blends along with sauces. Certified organic, everything is crafted in small batches without artificial flavors or preservatives.
Easy Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Cordon Bleu
I love how fast this dinner comes together. I will take you step by step so you're on your way to serving up this elegant meal.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Lightly pound your four chicken breasts. You want them to be thin and even thickness so they cook evenly, but you don't want to tear them. Covering them with a piece of plastic wrap helps.
- Season your chicken with salt. Spread a layer of Dijon inside the chicken breast.
- Lay a slice of ham on the Dijon, followed by a slice of Dairy Free cheese.
- Roll your Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Cordon Bleu up tightly.
- Create a breading station. Whisk together one egg with ½ cup of water in one bowl. In the other bowl combine Gluten Free panko breadcrumbs with the Everyday Herb.
- Dip the chicken rolls into the egg wash followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Are you looking for more easy weeknight meals? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Pork Milanese with Arugula Salad. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Baking Dish
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Outside Table Everyday Herb
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 slices Dairy Free cheese I used a Gouda style
- 4 slices ham
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup Gluten Free panko bread crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Pound your chicken breasts out thin. You want them an even thickness.
- Sprinkle salt over the chicken and lay the first breast out flat.
- Spread 1 tsp of Dijon mustard on the chicken. Top with a slice of ham. Add the slice of cheese. Roll tightly.
- Whisk together the egg and water to form an egg wash.
- In a separate bowl mix together the panko and the Everyday Herb.
- Dip the rolled chicken breast into the egg wash.
- Dip into the panko bread crumbs, making sure it's fully coated.
- Place in the prepared baking sheet seam side down. Repeat with the other three chicken breasts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Test from the thickest part of the roll.