Sometimes, we just need food that feels like a hug. Nothing feels cozier than a warm cookie fresh out of the oven. Gluten Free Pistachio Cookies with White Chocolate are a fun new way to shake up the cookie jar.
Whether you're team crispy, or team chewy, cookies are just one of those universally beloved foods. They're the perfect afternoon or after school pick me up or comforting way to end the day.
Nutty for Pistachios
If someone were to ask me what my favorite nuts were, I wouldn't hesitate to say pistachios. Regardless of what they're in they always remind me of Venice, Italy. These Gluten Free Pistachio Cookies with White Chocolate are a fun way to give cookies a new flavor combination.
When it came to bringing the pistachios to this recipe, I wanted to make sure they shined through in every bite. While there is nothing better than the crunch of a pistachio, I wanted to double up on the flavor. In addition to chopped pistachios this recipe also includes pistachio paste.
Not only does the pistachio paste intensify the natural flavors of the pistachios, but it also adds to the texture of these cookies. Is there anything better breaking into that cookie to reveal a slightly soft and chewy middle?
And we can't forget the Dairy Free white chocolate chips. Chocolate chips are completely one of those things you measure with your heart, am I right?
Baking Up Your Gluten Free Pistachio Cookies with White Chocolate
Part of what makes cookies such a homey and comforting treat is just how easy they are to make. With just a few steps, you will be on your way to total cookie bliss.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure your Dairy Free butter is at room temperature. This will allow everything to mix together easily.
- Add your butter and sugar to a bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Mix in your egg and vanilla.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and pistachios and mix until just combined. To keep your cookies tender don't over mix.
- Fold in your white chocolate chips and chopped pistachios.
- Allow the dough to chill for an hour. This will keep the cookies from spreading out too thin when baking and give you that tender fluffy texture.
- Use a 2" scoop to make equal portions of your Gluten Free Pistachio Cookies with White Chocolate.
- Make sure not to crowd them on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- The only hard part of these cookies is allowing them to cool!
Are you looking for more recipes with pistachios? Make sure to check out my recipe for Dairy Free Japanese Pistachio Cheesecake. Now let's get baking!
Gluten Free Pistachio Cookies with White Chocolate
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 hand mixer
- Parchment paper
- ½ cup Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- ½ cup pistachio paste
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup Dairy Free white chocolate chips
- Add your butter and sugars to a mixing bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add your egg and vanilla, mixing to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the pistachios and the white chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Finally add the pistachios and white chocolate chips mixing to combine.
- Allow the dough to refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a 2" scoop to portion out the dough.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a baking rack.