Can we all agree that crispy chicken tenders are always a crowd favorite? It doesn't matter how old you are, they never last long. These Gluten Free Peanut Crusted Chicken Tenders are sure to become your new favorite.
There's something both nostalgic and comforting about chicken tenders. It seems like everyone pretty much grew up with some variation of them. These are an updated take on a classic.
It's All About the Crunch
Who can resist anything crunchy? These Gluten Free Peanut Crusted Chicken Tenders are all about that crunch factor. They're juicy and tender on the inside, and irresistibly crispy on the outside.
It's all about getting back to the basics of cooking when making the perfect crispy chicken tender. Once you set up your breading station the process goes quick. These are perfect for a fun lunch or easy weeknight dinner. And if you're craving the ultimate snack it doesn't get any easier than this.
Adding to the layers of flavor I love to season these with barbecue seasoning and a drizzle of hot honey. My favorite barbecue seasoning is Outside Table Weekend BBQ. Certified organic and free of preservatives, this small batch seasoning adds a kick of smoky spice with ancho, cayenne, and chipotle peppers.
And what goes better with chicken tenders than fries? Use your favorite but make sure to add more of that barbecue seasoning to your steaming hot fries. This really is the ultimate duo!
Batter Up with Gluten Free Peanut Crusted Chicken Tenders
Making chicken tenders should be as easy as they are delicious. Let's break down the steps so you're on your way to crispy, crunchy, peanuty snacking!
- Set up your breading station. You want three bowls or containers that will accommodate your Gluten Free flour, egg wash, and crushed peanuts.
- Dip your chicken tenders into your flour. Shake off the excess. Dip your tenders into the eggwash. The final step is to dip them into the crushed peanuts. Don't be afraid to press the chicken into the peanuts.
- Repeat the process with all of your chicken tenders before cooking your Gluten Free Peanut Crusted Chicken Tenders.
- Fully heat your skillet and coconut oil on medium heat before you add your chicken. You want it to brown and become golden and crispy, not steam.
- Because peanuts have a high fat count they can burn. If they start getting a little dark turn the heat down a little.
- Allow your chicken to drain on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with BBQ seasoning when still hot.
It's that easy! Are you looking for more easy recipe inspirations? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Burgers. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten Free Peanut Crusted Chicken Tenders
- three bowls
- Large skillet
- 1 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup Gluten Free flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup coconut oil
- pinch of BBQ seasoning
- spicy honey and fries for serving
- Set up your dredging station. In one bowl add your flour. In the second bowl whisk together your egg and water. In the third bowl add your finely chopped peanuts.
- Dip a chicken tender into the flour. Shake off the excess. Dip the tender into the egg wash. Dip the chicken tender into the crushed peanuts. Press to make sure it's fully covered. Repeat the process with the remaining tenders.
- Heat a large skillet with coconut oil over medium heat. Add your chicken tenders, making sure to space them out. If you have to work in batches that's ok.
- Allow the chicken to cook 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. If the peanuts begin to get too dark lower the heat.
- Place chicken tenders onto a paper towel lined plate to drain. Sprinkle with BBQ seasoning.
- Serve with a drizzle of hot honey and fries. Enjoy!