There are some word combinations that instantly make your mouth water. Bacon and eggs. Steak and potatoes. And the summertime classic peaches and cream. This Gluten Free Peaches and Cream Pound Cake is packed with all of that summertime flavor and then some.
I don't know about you but when I hear the phrase peaches and cream I instantly think of warm summer days and childhood. There's something both nostalgic and comforting about the combination.
Everything's Coming Up Peachy
When it comes to peaches and cream, peaches should be front and center. This Gluten Free Peaches and Cream Pound Cake overflows with ripe, juicy peaches. You can be sure you'll get a burst of the sweet fruit in every bite.
While this recipe calls for fresh peaches, the craving for peaches and cream is year round. You can substitute the fresh peaches for frozen peaches that have been defrosted and well drained.
Gluten Free Peaches and Cream Pound Cake, Let's Get to the Pit of It
In the world of baking, pound cake is one of the easiest cakes to make. The measurements are usually straight forward, there aren't any special tricks required. It's perfect for everyone from beginning bakes to experienced bakers who love a dependable recipe.
I am going to set you up for success so you can pull the perfect pound cake from the oven every time. With just a few simple steps your kitchen will be perfumed with the rich smell of peaches, cream, and vanilla.
The first tip to Gluten Free Peaches and Cream Pound Cake, always start with room temperature ingredients. You are going to cream your dairy free butter with the two types of sugar, both white and brown. When your butter is at room temperature everything will combine easily and give you that creamy smooth texture.
The second tip, don't over mix. You are looking for a tender cake. Over mixing your flour can result in a tougher bite. Be gentle!
The last tip to baking the perfect Gluten Free Peaches and Cream Pound Cake is to keep an eye on the color. If your cake starts getting too dark before it's done, go ahead and tent the top in foil to stop the browning process.
It's that easy! Now that I know you're craving that first slice of pound cake, let's get baking! Do you love cake as much as I do? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Creamsicle Cupcakes: Dreamsicle Delight.
Gluten Free Peaches and Cream Pound Cake
- Mixing Bowl
- Loaf Pan
Peaches and Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup Dairy Free butter, room temp
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Dairy Free sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Gluten Free flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 20 drops cream concentrate
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp oat milk
Peaches and Cream Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the dairy free butter and sugars to a bowl. Mix for 3 minutes until sugars are fully dissolved and the mixture is creamy and lightened in color and texture.
- Add the eggs and sour cream and mix to just combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for peaches, and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in peaches to evenly distribute.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- If the top starts to turn too dark while baking, tent the top with foil.
- Mix powdered sugar and oat milk in a bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.