I love having a grab and go snack that I can take with me to the gym. It’s nice to be able to make something perfect for breakfast or a snack that I can have on hand all week. These Gluten Free No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars are not only easy, but irresistibly delicious.
It seems like everyone I know has busy schedules. Kids in school, all of the after school activities, work, multiple appointments, and family going every different direction. These are the perfect on the go breakfast, afternoon pick me up, and sweet treat, all wrapped in one.
Texture and Flavor
When it comes to granola, I need all of the texture and different layers of flavor. These Gluten Free No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bar deliver on every level.
Are you team crunchy or team chewy when it comes to granola bars? It seems like the childhood standard was always the chewy granola bar studded with the mini chocolate chips. As an adult, those chewy granola bars somehow became rock hard boulders. These granola bars give you that chew you crave while packing crunch from the ingredients themselves.
Have you ever looked nutritional content of your favorite granola bars? More times than naught they’re packed with so much additional sugars and artificial ingredients. Not only are these easy to make, no baking required, but they give you complete and control of every ingredient you add.
One of the main ingredients in these bars is Lil Bucks Cacao Sprouted Buckwheat. This Gluten Free and Grain Free super-seed packs a punch of crunch. It’s rich in amino acids, high in magnesium, and a whole food fiber that will help you feel full and nourished.
Lil Bucks uses the highest quality organic ingredients. Instead of roasting their buckwheat, it’s dehydrated at a very low temperature retaining as much of the antioxidants as possible while also maintaining that crunch.
In addition to sprouted buckwheat, oats, flax seed, pepitas, and peanuts bring all of that crave worthy crunch. Offering up that chewy bite as well as a tart punch, dried cherries join the party. And what goes better with peanut butter and cherries than chocolate? For that nod to childhood nostalgia and the chewy granola bars we all grew up with the recipe also includes your favorite Dairy Free mini chocolate chips.
Easy Gluten Free No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars
If you can melt peanut butter in your microwave, you can make these granola bars. I promise you these are so easy you will add them to your weekly meal prep. Let’s take it step by step.
- Honey is the only added sweetener in this granola. Add the honey and the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir to combine. If it’s not smooth and melted give it another 20 seconds.
- To make these Gluten Free No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars easy to remove from your pan, line it with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly mix all of your ingredients together. Make sure everything is coated in the peanut butter and honey mixture.
- Press down on the granola mixture to make sure everything is compacted before slicing into bars.
- These can be individually wrapped in wax paper for easy on the go treats.
How to Make this Recipe Nut Free
With so many allergens and food sensitivities, I am always looking for ways to make my recipes accessible to everyone. If you or one of your friends or family have a tree nut allergy, the peanut butter in this recipe can be replaced with sunflower seed butter.
In addition to providing its own unique flavor that is a great swap for peanut butter, sunflower seed butter also offers up additional nutrients. It’s rich in protein, vitamin E, fiber, zinc, and iron.
I promised you these were easy! Are you looking for more easy recipe inspirations? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast. Now let’s make some granola bars!
Gluten Free No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars
- microwave safe bowl
- Parchment paper
- Casserole Dish
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp pepita seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup cacao buckwheat
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a microwave safe bowl. In 20 second intervals microwave until softened. Stir to completely combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix to completely coat and combine.
- Line a casserole dish wit parchment paper. Pour the granola mix into the prepared dish and spread out and press evenly.
- Cut into bars.