There’s nothing like the interactive experience of eating hibachi. From the volcano onion to catching shrimp in your mouth, it’s always dinner and a show. We’re skipping the flames and theatrics and keeping all of the flavor with these Gluten Free Honey Glazed Shrimp Hibachi Bowls.
Skip the take out and going out and spice up your lunch routine with these bowls. These fun and interactive bowls are packed full of flavor, color, and texture.
Putting the Yum in the Bowl
Gluten Free Honey Glazed Shrimp Hibachi Bowls are all about the sauce. Besides the tom yum these shrimp are also glazed in Manuka honey and Gluten Free soy sauce. In addition to the sweetness Manuka honey imparts, it also has herbal and bitter notes, lending complexity to this simple sauce.
These glossy and saucy shrimp are glazed in a sweet and savory honey soy sauce. Part of their burst of flavor comes from tom yum seasoning. While it does have a kick the sour notes brighten the flavor making these irresistible.
Tom yum is traditionally served with either shrimp or pork. Its spicy and sour notes compliment the naturally sweet proteins. You can find it in both a paste form as well as spice.
Building the Perfect Gluten Free Honey Glazed Shrimp Hibachi Bowls
Let’s have fun building our bowls! While the sauce is what makes these so special, the individual components are just as important. Its all about having a balance of textures to make these fun.
You will want to start with picking your perfect base. While I use Miracle Noodles you can use rice or your favorite Gluten Free rice noodles. Miracle Noodles. also known as shirataki noodles, are made from water, konjac yam, and citric acid. These low carb and low calorie while being grain free and non GMO.
The next component of building Gluten Free Honey Glazed Shrimp Hibachi Bowls is the mixture of vegetables. They’re going to get a quick sauté to get tender yet still remain crisp. Pick your favorites. I chose zucchini, mushrooms, and onions.
Then, all you have to do is build your bowl! The fun is in how each bite is a little different. Love shrimp? Make sure you check out my recipe for Honey Balsamic Shrimp with Creamy Risotto.
Gluten Free Honey Glazed Shrimp Hibachi Bowls
- Sauté pan
- 1 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp tom yum spice
- 1 tbsp manuka honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp Gluten Free soy sauce
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Miracle Noodles for serving, prepared according to directions can sub rice
- Heat your skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil and allow to heat through.
- Add onions, mushrooms, and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for several minutes until tender. Set aside.
- To the same skillet add the shrimp. Season with a little salt and pepper and the tom yum spice.
- Cook shrimp about two minutes before flipping. Once flipped drizzle the honey over the shrimp followed by the soy sauce. Toss in the sauce and allow the shrimp to cook a couple minutes more. They should be nice and glazed.
- Remove shrimp. Drain noodles and add them to the skill, tossing them to pick up the remaining sauce and cook through for a couple of minutes.
- To build bowl, put a layer of Miracle Noodles. Top with veggies and the glazed shrimp. Enjoy!