Spring is just around the corner and with it warm weather and enjoying being outside. Fire up the grill and celebrate the season with this bright, fresh, and comforting Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Greek Pasta Salad. Full of fresh vegetables and sunny flavors, this is the perfect lunch or dinner.
Pasta salads are the ultimate make ahead dish, such as Gluten Free Chipotle Chicken Bacon Pasta Salad. It's one of those dishes that just packs more flavor the longer it sits and is as delicious served warm as it is at room temperature or cold. Packing tons of healthy protein and sunny flavors, this is sure to become a new favorite.
Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Greek Pasta Salad combines fresh ingredients like perfect juicy and charred chicken with pantry staples like Gluten Free pasta and garbanzo beans. This is a dish that is easy to shop for and easy to make. The best part you can add in different ingredients to customize it to you and your family's favorite flavors.
- Chicken Breast - Lean, quick cooking, and the perfect canvas for the herbaceous flavors of the salad and seasoning, this makes this pasta salad recipe extra hearty.
- Greek Seasoning - Packed full of herbs and garlic, this gives fresh savory notes to both the chicken and the pasta salad. I used Spiceology Greek Freak. You can get 10% off of your order with code SALTY.
- Gluten Free Pasta - Use your favorite pasta shape for this Greek pasta salad recipe.
- Olives - Both green and black peppers bring briny flavor.
- Garbanzo Beans - These pack texture in every bite while doubling up on the protein in this pasta salad.
- Banana Peppers - A little spicy and a little tangy, they bring brightness to this salad.
- Fresh Herbs - Dill, parsley, and basil bring herbaceous freshness. For this pasta salad recipe you will want to use fresh herbs for the most flavor.
- Olive Oil - Pick a flavorful, good quality olive oil as it is the base of the vinaigrette for this salad.
- Red Wine Vinegar - Adds a sharp, sunny note to the vinaigrette dressing without overpowering the other flavors.
- Kosher Salt - Enhances all of the flavors of the ingredients.
How to Make Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Greek Pasta Salad
Fire up the grill and jump into grilling season! Whether you're looking for the perfect dish to serve at a backyard barbecue or a new twist for meal prep, this crowd pleasing pasta salad will be a hit. Make it on the weekend for dinner and enjoy the leftovers for lunch!
Time needed: 55 minutes.
Grilled Chicken is combined with pasta and a bright and tangy vinaigrette dressing for an easy and delicious meal.
Heat your grill to 400-450 degrees. Brush the chicken with olive oil and season both sides of your chicken with half of the Greek seasoning and salt.
Make sure your grill grates are clean. Place the chicken breast over direct flames. Allow the first side to grill for 4-5 minutes and flip. Let the second side grill for another 4-5 minutes. Keep flipping until they are golden brown and cooked through to 160. Allow them to rest for 10 minutes. Because of carryover cooking they will continue to cook to 165 degrees.
Add the oil, vinegar, and remaining salt and Greek seasoning to a bowl and whisk to combine.
Chop your cooled chicken into bite sized pieces.
Add the chopped chicken and remaining ingredients to a bowl. Pour the vinaigrette dressing over the top. Toss to combine. You can garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired.
Pasta Salad Additions
One of the fun things about any pasta salad including this Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Greek Pasta Salad is how customizable it is. Here are a few other ideas on ingredients you can add into your Greek pasta salad that would work well with this recipe.
- Diced Cucumbers
- Diced Bell Peppers
- Chopped Sweet Onions or Green Onions
- Dairy Free Feta
- Chopped Spinach
- Pine Nuts
This recipe is completely Gluten Free and Dairy Free. However, you can use any pasta, from low carb, to regular pasta for this recipe.
Chicken breast is a great fast cooking and lean protein. However, you can substitute the chicken breast in this recipe with chicken thighs. In addition, grilled pork tenderloin would also be a great substitute. You can also make this recipe completely vegetarian or vegan by eliminating the chicken. You may want to double up on the chickpeas in the recipe for additional protein or keep it as a side salad.
Short on time? Feel free to swap out the grilled chicken in this recipe for shredded rotisserie chicken. You won't have that additional flavor of the Greek seasoning or char, but it will still be delicious, and easy.
There is nothing like that flavor and char of grilled meat. It's that secret ingredient that packs so much additional flavor without actually adding anything. However, if you don't have access to a grill, you can make this same grilled chicken recipe on either an indoor grill pan, or in a skillet. Using a cast iron skillet will help you achieve that crust that packs both flavor and texture.
In addition, you will want a dependable and accurate instant read thermometer. This will ensure that you pull your chicken at 160 and don't overcook it.
There are some dishes like soup and chili that just get better the longer they sit. This grilled chicken pasta salad is one of those dishes. If you keep it stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator it will keep for up to five days. The olive oil may become a little more solidified but if you let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes and then give it a stir it will come back together.
In addition, you can also grill the chicken ahead of time and keep it stored in the refrigerator for up to three days before making this salad. That makes this a great way to use up leftover meat.
Top Tip for Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Greek Pasta Salad
When it comes to perfect juicy chicken, an instant read thermometer is your best friend. Because proteins continue to cook once you remove them from their heat source, you want to make sure that you pull your chicken at 160 degrees and allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting. This will allow it to continue cooking to 165 degrees and let the juices redistribute into the chicken.
Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 grill
- 2 bowls
- 1 Whisk
- 1 lbs chicken breast
- 1 ½ tbsp Greek seasoning
- 8 oz Gluten Free pasta, cooked according to package directions use your favorite shape
- ⅓ cup black olives, chopped
- ¼ cup banana peppers, chopped
- 13 oz garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup green olives, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat your grill to 400-450 degrees.
- Brush both sides of your chicken breast with olive oil and season it with half of the Greek seasoning and half of the salt.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Allow the first side to grill for 4-5 minutes. Flip your chicken and let the second side grill for 4-5 minutes. Keep flipping your chicken until it is cooked to 160. Remove from the grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add your olive oil, vinegar, and remaining salt and Greek seasoning to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Chop your chicken into bite sized pieces and add to a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl Top with the Greek dressing and toss to combine.
Leave a Reply