There's just something about roast chicken that is a comfort food that hugs the soul. There's no reason to save this family favorite for the weekend. Gluten Free Crispy Bruschetta Baked Chicken goes from the oven to the table in an hour.
With just a few fresh ingredients and one of my favorite pantry staples, this cozy roasted chicken will have your family flocking to the kitchen. Crispy on the outside, and irresistibly juicy inside, it's sure to become a family favorite.
Why do we save roasts for Sunday meals? I can't think of when we need comfort food more than on a busy weeknight. This hearty and healthy Gluten Free Crispy Bruschetta Baked Chicken will take any weeknight and turn it into an occasion.
With just minutes of prep in the beginning, this roast chicken is easy and effortless. Pop it into the oven and you have the time to unwind and relax with your family.
The key to reducing the cooking time of this chicken is spatchcocking it. This is an easy process to do with either kitchen shears or a sharp butcher knife. You simply remove the backbone and then break the chest bone so the chicken can lay flat exposing all of the surface to the heat and allowing it to cook evenly and faster. This is also something you can have your butcher do.
I use one of my absolute favorite seasonings for this recipe, Friday Fennel from Outside Table. I love the way the lightly sweet licorice flavor of the fennel seeds permeates and perfumes every bite of the chicken. Outside Table's certified organic sauces and seasonings have that artisanal hand-crafted flavor that makes your dishes taste like they cooked all day.
The Friday Fennel also adds depth of flavor to the bruschetta topping. An heirloom tomato allowed to marinate in rich fruity olive oil and the Friday Fennel comes alive as it hits the warm from the oven chicken. Simple, beautiful ingredients that come together to make a truly special meal.
Easy Elegance with Gluten Free Crispy Bruschetta Baked Chicken
Skip the take out and treat your family to a fresh and delicious meal. This roasted chicken takes minutes to prepare while packing that all day cooked flavor.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. This chicken roasts at a high temperature which not only allows it to cook quickly but also ensures you get that crispy skin and tender, juicy meat.
- Spatchcock your chicken. Remove the backbone and flatten it.
- Make it your own! You can either roast this chicken in a baking dish or place it on top of your favorite veggies. I like to add halved Brussels sprouts. There's nothing like roasted vegetables that have basked in those chicken drippings.
- Brush your chicken with olive oil and then season it with the Friday Fennel.
- Bake your chicken for 45-55 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Make your bruschetta topping. Simply dice an heirloom tomato and mix with olive oil, salt, and the Friday Fennel.
- Allow your chicken to rest for 10 minutes before cutting it into pieces.
- I love to serve Gluten Free Crispy Bruschetta Baked Chicken on top of peppery arugula for an easy and complete meal.
Are you looking for more roast chicken ideas? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Roasted Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten Free Crispy Bruschetta Baked Chicken
- 1 Baking Dish
- 1 chicken, spatchcocked
- 2 tsp Friday Fennel
- 2 tsp kosher Salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- dash of black pepper
- cut up vegetables such as brussels sprouts, optional
- 1 heirloom tomato, diced large
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Friday Fennel
- pinch of kosher salt
- arugula for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If adding, place vegetables on the bottom of a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place spatchcocked chicken on top of the vegetables or in the baking dish.
- Brush chicken with olive oil. Season with kosher salt, Friday Fennel, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook for 45-55 or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into sections.
- Mix all of the ingredients together into a bowl. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- To assemble add arugula to a plate. Top with the chicken pieces. Add some of the bruschetta topping over the warm chicken. Garnish with microgreens if desired.