Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts. It always reminds me of vacationing in Italy. This Gluten Free Cold Brew Infused Rum Tiramisu is a fun twist on the Venetian classic.
I love all variations of tiramisu, such as my Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Orange Tiramisu. Tiramisu is the ultimate make ahead dessert and always such a crowd pleaser.
Pick Me Up
Tiramisu literally translates to pick me up in Italian and this Gluten Free Cold Brew Infused Rum Tiramisu will do just that. Once you sink your fork into its tender and moist crumb, it will be love at first bite.
Tiramisu is all about not only the balance of flavors, but also the layers of texture. The canvas of this dessert starts with Gluten Free lady fingers. These delicate and airy cookies are only lightly sweet making them the perfect canvas to absorb other flavors.
For this recipe, we're using Wicked Dolphin Cold Brew Coffee Rum to dip the lady fingers into. Based in Cape Coral, FL, Wicked Dolphin sources all of their ingredients locally, including the sugar and coffee used to make this rum. Their rum is aged in American white oak barrels once used to age Kentucky bourbon.
As the tiramisu refrigerates the lady fingers will soften and the flavor of the cold brew coffee rum will infuse every bite. This is truly the perfect dessert to make the day before as it only gets better the longer it sits.
Bringing a creamy cloudlike bite to this dessert is an airy custard made from rich egg yolks, buttery sweet mascarpone cheese, and decadent heavy cream. The crowning glory on this dessert is the elegant shower of shaved chocolate curls.
How to Make Gluten Free Cold Brew Infused Rum Tiramisu
This elegant and classic Italian dessert will wow your friends and family. The only question is, are you licking the spoon?
Time needed: 5 hours and 30 minutes.
This classic no-bake dessert is so easy it is sure to become a new favorite.
- Whip it Up
Add your egg yolks and sugar and whip until it is a light golden color, silky, and thickened. In a second bowl whip together your remaining sugar, mascarpone, and whipped cream until thick and fluffy.
- Fold It
Add a little bit of the egg mixture to the mascarpone mixture. Fold until just combined. Add the remaining egg mixture and fold until just combined.
- Dip It
Sprinkle cocoa powder into your baking dish. Quickly dip your lady fingers into the cold brew rum and add a layer to the bottom of your pan.
- Layer It
Spread half of the mascarpone mixture onto the lady fingers. Dust cocoa powder over the top. Dip the remaining lady fingers into the cold brew rum and layer on top of the mascarpone. Spread the remaining mascarpone mixture over the top. Dust with cocoa powder and garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
- Finishing Touch
Allow the Gluten Free Cold Brew Infused Rum Tiramisu to refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving. This dessert can be made the day before. Enjoy!
When it comes to dipping your lady fingers into the cold brew coffee rum, you want to be quick and not fully submerge them. If left to soak too long they will become soggy, make your tiramisu watery, and be the predominate flavor of the tiramisu.
In addition, while this recipe is Gluten Free, it is not Dairy Free.
Gluten Free Cold Brew Infused Rum Tiramisu
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 7"x10" baking dish
- 1 cup Wicked Dolphin Cold Brew Coffee Rum
- 12 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 pkg Gluten Free lady fingers
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- chocolate shavings for garnish, optional
- Add the egg yolks and half of the sugar to a bowl. Mix on high until it becomes silky, thick, and a light golden color. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and remaining sugar. Mix until it becomes thick and fluffy.
- Add some of the egg yolk mixture into the mascarpone mixture and fold to combine. Add the remaining egg yolk mixture and fold until it's just combined.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder into the baking dish and spread it around.
- Dip half of the lady fingers, one at a time, into the cold brew coffee rum, careful not to over soak them. Lay them out into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the lady fingers. Spread it out until even.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder. Dip the remaining lady fingers in the cold brew coffee rum. Lay them on top of the mascarpone layer.
- Spread the other half of the mascarpone on top. Sprinkle with the remaining cocoa powder.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.
- Allow to refrigerate for at least 5 hours.