This gluten free clams linguini with dairy free white clam sauce offers up old world charm. It combines a fine dining experience while also offering the relaxed easy mood of the beach.
The double dose of clams in this gluten free clams linguini makes them completely the star while fresh ingredients you already have in your kitchen offer nuanced layers to the dish.
Foodie Fact for the Day
Here’s a fun fact for you: the slice of Florida I call home is known for its clam farming. We even have an annual event called the ClamJam.
Any visitor that experiences the colorful whimsy, artistic charm, unrivaled fishing, and raw, wild beauty of Matlacha and Pine Island will most likely order clams during their trip.
Note: If you love this recipe you might also love my Gluten Free Beef Miso Ramen.
Whether they go with the classic steamed or raw preparation with the trio of butter, horseradish and cocktail sauce, or choose their bivalves swimming in a brothy bowl of white wine and garlic, clams are almost an initiation and tradition.
If you don’t catch the big one, there’s always the promise of clams.
Gluten Free Clams Linguini Made Easy!
This recipe for gluten free and dairy free clams linguini combines both fresh little neck clams and the concentrated flavor of Flora Fine Foods White Clam Sauce for a celebration of the sea.
Packed with clams and the brininess of clam juice, the white clam sauce adds a depth of flavor that sends this dish over the top and will have your family and friends begging you to make it again.
Clams linguini offers the ultimate sensory experience.
From the visual pop of the pert crustaceans smiling at you as they open, to the heady aroma of fresh thyme, garlic, and lemon perfuming the air, and the interactive twirling of pasta and seeking out that last clam, this dish comes together quickly.
Using Taste Republic’s gluten-free linguini, their fresh pasta takes only 2-3 minutes to cook. Open the bottle of white wine, pour yourself a glass, and let’s have some fun making a delicious memorable meal!
Gluten Free Clams Linguini
- Medium stock pot
- Large skillet
- 9 oz linguini, cooked according to directions
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup white wine, such as pinot grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp Korean chili powder
- 15 oz Flora White Clam Sauce
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, cleaned
- zest from 1 lemon
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta to al dente, according to package direction. Taste Republic is a fresh pasta that cooks up in only 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add the shallot and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and slightly translucent.
- Add the white wine, salt, pepper, chili powder, and thyme.
- Cook until the wine is slightly reduced, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the clam sauce and fresh clams. Stir to combine and cover. Cook until the clams are opened. The steam will naturally cause them to pop after about 5-6 minutes.
- Discard any clams that do not open.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, parsley, and pasta. Toss together to combine. Buon appetito!