What is your favorite way to start the day? For me there’s something irresistible about a flaky buttery biscuit piled high with all of my favorite breakfast essentials. This Gluten Free Cheesy Herb Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich is sure to become a morning favorite.
Who said making biscuits was difficult? With the help of one of my favorite pantry essentials these Gluten Free biscuits are both easy and delicious.
Using my go to pantry favorite, this Gluten Free Cheesy Herb Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich comes together in no time. The herbaceous buttery smell permeating from your kitchen will have your family waking up in no time.
Josie’s Best The Muffin & More helps make these biscuits perfect every time. Josie’s Best products are all free of the top 8 allergens including gluten, tree nuts, dairy, soy, and peanuts.
I love using Josie’s Best because all of the ingredients in the mixes are clean, better-for-you ingredients. It makes creating drop biscuits such as these perfect any day of the week.
The biscuits in this recipe are a drop style biscuit. That means there’s no rolling out, folding over dough, making sure butter is icy and chilled, and cutting out. To help keep these evenly portioned I recommend using a 2″ scoop.
You can top your biscuits however you like but for me the perfect breakfast sandwich includes the salty savory bite of prosciutto and the decadent yolky pop of a sunny side up egg. However scrambled eggs, a fried egg, ham, sausage…they’re all the right answer. The biscuits are the canvas and you can paint them however you like.
Baking Your Gluten Free Cheesy Herb Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich
Get your coffee brewing, because that’s about how long it takes to make these savory biscuits. I will walk you through all of the steps and give a few tips on how to serve these up.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your baking sheet with nonstick baking spray. You want to have everything ready to go.
- Mix all of your wet ingredients together. This includes your oat milk, melted Dairy Free butter, and eggs.
- Fresh herbs are best! This recipe calls for a combination of chives, parsley, and dill. If you don’t have fresh herbs you can substitute with dried, but the flavors won’t be quite as bright.
- When you add your dried ingredients, including the Dairy Free cheddar, you want to mix until everything is just combined. Don’t over mix!
- This recipe calls for 3/4 cup of oat milk. However when you’re mixing your dough if it seems a little dry add an additional 1/4 cup.
- Use a scoop to portion out your biscuits. This will allow them to cook evenly.
- The biscuits in your Gluten Free Cheesy Herb Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich cook in 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the biscuits to cool for 10 minutes before building your breakfast sandwiches.
- Have fun topping them! Cook your favorite style eggs and pick your favorite meat. But definitely give prosciutto a try.
These sandwiches really are that easy! Are you looking for more easy breakfast inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast. Now let’s get baking!
Gluten Free Cheesy Herb Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- 2 cups muffin mix
- 3/4 cup oat milk If the batter seems a little dry add an additional 1/4 cup
- 2 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dill, minced
- 1/2 tsp black peppers
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup Dairy Free cheddar shreds
- Your favorite style egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add your eggs, oat milk, and melted butter to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using a 2" scoop portion out your biscuit dough and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before building your breakfast sandwiches.
- Top with prosciutto and your favorite style egg, or toppings of your choice. Enjoy!