Every brunch needs something savory, and it always needs something sweet. Gluten Free Blackberry French Toast Casserole is the fun and festive dish that will make any breakfast special.
Breakfast bakes in general are a comfort food, such as Dairy Free Cheesy Ham Hashbrown Casserole. They're easy to prepare and perfect for feeding a crowd. Whether you're looking for an easy brunch dish or want to make a weekday a little more special, this is sure to become a new family favorite.
The best part about this festive and colorful breakfast bake is that you probably already have most of the ingredients. The star of the show is the flavored sugar that infuses vanilla flavor into every bite.
- Eggs - The base of the custard that adds both richness while binding this French toast casserole together.
- Dairy Free Milk - Use your favorite such as oat milk, but make sure it is unsweetened.
- Vanilla Extract - The higher the quality the extract, the more flavor it will infuse.
- Javamelts French Vanilla Sugar - Made with 100% cane sugar and natural ingredients, Javamelts is Gluten Free, non GMO, 100% vegan, and women owned. They add so much depth of flavor to baking while also being perfect for adding flavor to your favorite beverages such as tea and coffee.
- Gluten Free Bread Rolls - Use your favorite Gluten Free rolls for this recipe.
- Dairy Free Butter - Adds richness to the custard.
- Blackberries - Not only are fresh blackberries sprinkled into the French toast bake, they're also used to make a quick and east blackberry sauce.
- Water - Helps the blackberries break down while cooking.
How to Make Gluten Free Blackberry French Toast Casserole
There's no need to stand over the hot griddle with this easy baked French toast. Just heat up your oven and get out your favorite baking dish. Breakfast will be ready before you know it.
Time needed: 2 hours.
A little sweet, bursting with the combination of fresh blackberries and vanilla, this is sure to become a new family favorite.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 7x10 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, and sugar until combined. Add the bread cubes and stir so they are fully coated in the custard.
Pour half of the bread mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with the blackberries. Add the remaining bread mixture to the top.
Allow the French toast casserole to bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let it cool for an hour before serving.
Add the ingredients for the blackberry sauce to a saucepan over medium heat. Allow it to cook for 10 minutes until the blackberries have begun to break down. Transfer the sauce to a blender and blend until smooth.
When ready to serve, drizzle the blackberry sauce over the French toast. Enjoy!
While this recipe is completely Gluten Free and Dairy Free, you can substitute the ingredients with your favorite dairy and bread.
Top Tip for Gluten Free Blackberry French Toast Casserole
When making any type of French toast, whether it's the traditional sliced and griddled version or a baked French toast, always allow the custard to fully absorb into the bread. This will give you that golden exterior while the inside remains soft and tender.
Gluten Free Blackberry French Toast Casserole
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 7"x10" baking dish
- 1 saucepan
- 1 Blender
Blackberry French Toast
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Dairy Free milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Javamelts French vanilla sugar
- 5 cups Gluten Free bread rolls, 1" cubes
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 ½ cups fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup Javamelts French vanilla sugar
- ⅓ cup water
Blackberry French Toas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 7x10 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add the eggs, sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla to a bowl and whisk together and until combined.
- Add the bread cubes and fold until they are fully coated in the custard.
- Add half of the bread cubes to the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the blackberries.
- Spread the remaining bread cubes over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the casserole is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for an hour.
- Drizzle the blackberry sauce over the top when serving. Enjoy!
- Add the ingredients for the sauce to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow it to cook for 10 minutes until the blackberries begin to break down.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and blend until smooth.
Leave a Reply