I don't know about you, but sometimes I just really crave a burger. I love how they're the ultimate canvas for flavors and let you experiment and try different things. This Gluten Free Blackberry Balsamic Lamb Burgers is sure to become a favorite on burger night.
Some burgers are over the top in their excess. Others like this burger are over the top in picking ingredients that pop. The combination of sweet and tangy combined with earthy lamb makes for the ultimate decadent bite.
I love the simplicity of ingredients but the bold and bright flavors of these Gluten Free Blackberry Balsamic Lamb Burgers. These are burgers that elevate a weeknight and make it feel special while also being perfect to entertain with.
Recipe ideas come from all directions. Sometimes it's the need to recreate something that's both Gluten Free and Dairy Free. Other times a products inspires. These burgers were a combination of wanting to try a new seasoning while also needing a break from all of the food and flavors of the holidays.
The inspiration for this burger comes from Spiceology's Blackberry Balsamic seasoning. As soon as I tried the perfectly balanced sweet, tangy, and savory blend I knew I wanted to pair it with lamb.
The lamb is simply seasoned with the Blackberry Balsamic seasoning, and salt and pepper. I love when beautiful ingredients like ground lamb are accented, but allowed to shine.
Echoing the blackberry balsamic flavor is a fresh and easy blackberry balsamic sauce. With only three ingredients including water, this sauce couldn't be more simple or fresh. It's the only condiment these juicy burgers need.
Because the combination of the lamb burger and fresh blackberry balsamic sauce or so bold I wanted to keep the toppings minimal. Peppery arugula and the salty creamy kick of Dairy Free feta finish off this delectable burger.
Flipping Over Gluten Free Blackberry Balsamic Lamb Burgers
I love elegant but easy recipes and with only a handful of ingredients these burgers come together quickly and easily. The only question is, who are you sharing them with?
- Prepare your lamb patties. To keep your burgers tender, don't over pack the meat. This recipe calls for one pound of ground lamb and can be formed into three or four patties depending on how thick you like your burgers.
- Preheat your grill or skillet depending on how you love cooking your burgers. You want the surface hot before you add your burgers to get that beautiful sear.
- These burgers only take 4-5 minutes per side. 150 is the internal temperature for a medium lamb burger but cook to your desired doneness. An instant read thermometer is a great tool to have for this.
- Make your sauce for these Gluten Free Blackberry Balsamic Lamb Burgers. The only ingredients you need are fresh blackberry, water, and balsamic glaze/reduction. Gently smash the blackberries in a small saucepan over medium heat and allow to cook for ten minutes. It will reduce and thicken.
- Keep the toppings simple. Arugula and Dairy Free feta are the perfect accents.
If you're looking for more burger inspiration, make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Smoky Balsamic Tukey Burgers. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten Free Blackberry Balsamic Lamb Burgers
- Mixing Bowl
- small saucepan
- 1 lbs ground lamb
- 1 tsp Blackberry Balsamic seasoning
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Blackberry Balsamic Sauce
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp balsamic syrup
- Gluten Free buns
- Dairy Free feta
- Heat your grill or a large skillet.
- Add all of your ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Depending on how thick you like your burgers form 3-4 patties.
- Place burgers onto heated skillet or grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Medium is 150.
Blackberry Balsamic Sauce
- Add all of your ingredients to a small saucepan on medium heat. Gently smash the blackberries down and allow to cook for 10 minutes. The sauce will reduce and thicken.
- To assemble burgers place burgers on your favorite Gluten Free bun. Top with the blackberry balsamic sauce, fresh arugula, and Dairy Free feta. Enjoy!