Summer is here and burger season is in full swing! Fire up your grill and give burger night a makeover with Gluten Free BBQ Tomato Jam Burgers with Chips.
I love everything about burgers, such as my Gluten and Dairy Free Pimento Cheeseburger with Bacon Jam. Burgers are as much about the play of textures as they are the amazing play of flavors. This fully loaded grilled burger checks off all of the boxes and will have you rolling up your sleeves and diving in.
In Crust We Trust
Do you love a thick juicy burger, or gravitate to the crust of a smash burger? Gluten Free BBQ Tomato Jam Burgers with Chips combine the best of both worlds.
There's nothing like the beautiful, seared crust on a cheeseburger. Cooking burgers in a skillet is an instant and easy way to achieve that. These burgers were cooked in my Hestan NanoBond skillet. I love that this cookware can handle the high heat of the grill while going to the stove and oven. Plus, they're dishwasher safe!
These burgers build on layers of flavor, starting with the burgers themselves. A combination of both ground beef and ground pork adds depth while ensuring you get that juicy bite. Barbecue seasoning adds a hint of smoke and mystery.
The bacon jam is a little sweet, a little tangy, and completely sticky and delicious. The best part you can make it year-round as it utilizes canned diced tomatoes. The flavor of barbecue continues in the luscious tomato jam.
The final part of this over-the-top burger build is the crispy crunch of homemade potato chips. Skip the bag and fry up your own fresh chips on the grill, finishing them off with a toss of more barbecue seasoning.
How to Make Gluten Free BBQ Tomato Jam Burgers with Chips
These burgers can be broken down into three easy steps...the burgers themselves, the tomato jam, and the chips. The best part they can all be made on the grill!
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Burger night gets a fun twist that packs all of the flavor and crunch!
- Mix it Up
Make your burgers. Add all of your ingredients to a bowl and mix them until they're just combined. Be careful not to over work your meat. Form your meat mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Sear It!
Preheat your skillet on the grill. You want it to be hot when you add your burgers, so they develop that crust. Cook each side about 3 minutes until the internal temperature is about 160.
- Jam Time
You can make your jam at the same time as you're cooking your burgers. Add all of the ingredients to a grill safe saucepan. Allow it to simmer for 20 minutes until it has reduced and thickened.
Slice your potatoes as thin as you can. Allow them to soak for 30 minutes in water before draining them and drying them off on paper towel. Make sure your oil is hot before adding them to the skillet to fry. They should only take 3-4 minutes. Once golden and crispy allow them to drain on a paper towel lined plate and then toss them with your seasonings.
- Fully Loaded
To build your Gluten Free BBQ Tomato Jam Burgers with Chips add your burger patty to a Gluten Free bun. Top with the tomato jam and the chips. It's crunch time!
The key to incredibly crispy homemade chips is to slice them thinly and then remove the starch. Using a mandoline will give you uniform slices. Allow them to soak in water will draw out the starch. You can drain the water a couple of times until it is clear. Just make sure they are thoroughly dried off before adding them to the hot oil.
Gluten Free BBQ Tomato Jam Burgers with Chips
Pork and Beef Burgers
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 lbs ground pork
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Barbecue seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Gluten Free buns
- Dairy Free cheese
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
BBQ Potato Chips
- 4 fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of barbecue seasoning
Pork and Beef Burgers
- Add the ground beef and pork and seasonings to a bowl. Mix until just combined, careful not to overwork the meat.
- Form the ground meat mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Preheat a large grill safe skillet on your grill over high heat.
- Gently add your burgers to the hot pan.
- Cook each side about 3 minutes, developing a nice crust. The internal temperature should be 160.
- To build your burgers place a burger patty, or 2, on top of a Gluten Free bun. Top with Dairy Free cheese. Add your barbecue tomato jam and your potato chips.
- Add all of your ingredients to a grill safe saucepan.
- Allow to simmer on the grill for about 20 minutes until it reduces and thickens.
BBQ Potato Chips
- Make sure your potato chips are thinly sliced. A mandoline works well for this.
- Add your potato slices to a bowl and allow the potatoes to soak for 30 minutes. Rinse them off.
- Fully dry your potatoes on paper towel.
- Heat your oil in a large skillet. It should be around 350 degrees.
- Carefully add your potatoes into the hot oil.
- Allow them to fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Season with salt and barbecue seasoning.
Leave a Reply