I don’t know about you, but I can make an entire meal out of appetizers. There’s just something so much fun about little bites, and I love the endless varieties. This Gluten and Dairy Free Tomato Peach Bruschetta is a fresh addition to you your appetizer favorites.
What are your favorite appetizers? I love things that are that perfect 2-3 bite dish. Whether you’re looking to make a party out of a bunch of little bites or need a nibble to serve at your next barbecue this recipe is well suited to any occasion.
The Heat is On
Spring is in the air, the weather is beautiful, and it’s the perfect time to get outside and fire up the grill. Gluten and Dairy Free Tomato Peach Bruschetta is a delicious treat to grill up, while also being easily adaptable to indoor cooking.
There’s just something irresistible about that combination of sweet and savory. This dish not only melds the two worlds, it also is a fun play between textures and temperature.
Appetizers shouldn’t be complicated. I don’t want to spend all of my time in the kitchen while missing out on spending quality time with those that I love. With just three easy steps this dish comes together quickly. Open that bottle of wine or shake up a favorite cocktail, and you have the makings for a relaxed afternoon.
The heart of this dish starts with the bruschetta topping. Both fresh peaches and crimson, juicy tomatoes are lightly grilled. In addition to getting that kiss of smoke flavor, this also draws out and intensifies their natural sweetness. They’re then cut up and mixed with fresh basil and D’Vash Organics Date Syrup.
I love using the natural sweetness of D’vash Organics Date Syrup. This one-to-one natural sweetener is low on the glycemic scale and made with only a single ingredients, dates. In this recipe it accents the natural sweetness of the peaches and tomatoes.
Since the grill is already on, go ahead and toss on slices of Gluten Free baguette slices and get a little char on them. Tying everything together is a creamy cloud of tangy Dairy Free cream cheese with Dairy Free parmesan. Are you hungry yet?
Firing Up Gluten and Dairy Free Tomato Peach Bruschetta
Whether you decide to serve this warm straight off the grill or make the components ahead of time, this colorful and fresh dish couldn’t be any more effortless.
- Heat up your grill or a large skillet/grill pan.
- Slice your tomatoes and peaches in half. Grill them for a couple of minutes to both soften them and get a little char on them.
- Allow them to cool slightly and then dice them up. You want them approximately the same size so you get a little tomato and a little peach in every bite.
- Season with salt and a drizzle of olive oil, basil, and the date syrup.
- Slice your Gluten Free baguette into 1/2″ slices. Brush each side with melted Dairy Free butter or olive oil. Char them on your grill.
- Let your Dairy Free cream cheese come to room temperature. Mix in your Dairy Free parmesan.
- To assemble your Gluten and Dairy Free Tomato Peach Bruschetta smear on a layer of the cream cheese mixture and top with the gorgeous charred tomato-peach topping.
- The only hard part is deciding what cocktail to serve with this.
Are you looking for more easy appetizer inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Pork Panko Sausage Balls. Now let’s get grilling!
Gluten and Dairy Free Tomato Peach Bruschetta
- 1 grill or large skillet/grill pan
- 2 peaches, halved large
- 2 tomtatoes, halved large
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp D'vash Oraganics Date Syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, julianned
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Dairy Free parmesan
Tomato Peach Bruschetta
- 1 Gluten Free baguette, sliced into 1/2" rounds
- Preheat your grill or a large skillet/grill pan.
- Place the peach and tomato halves onto your grill, flesh side down. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes before flipping them. You are just looking to get a little char on them and soften them slightly.
- Transfer your grilled peaches and tomatoes to a cutting board. Allow to cool enough to handle.
- Rouch chop the tomatoes and peaches and add them to a bowl.
- Season with salt. Add in the olive oil, date syrup, and basil. Stir to combine.
Cream Cheese Topping
- Mix together the cream cheese and parmesan cheese until completely combined.
Tomato Peach Bruschetta
- Brush both sides of the baquette slices with Dairy Free butter or olive oil. Add them to the heated grill, charring both sides. This can also be done in the oven or in a hot skillet.
- To build your bruschetta spread the cream cheese mixture onto the charred bread.
- Top with the tomato-peach topping.