I love having 30 minute recipes that are not just great for a certain meal, but also perfect to entertain with. This Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Salmon Pizza is an ideal breakfast, light dinner, or elegant hors d'oeuvres for family and friends.
Who said elegant and delicious had to be complicated and time consuming? You only need a handful of fresh ingredients to pull this beautiful pizza together.
Reinventing a Classic
It's fun taking something classic and giving it a new twist. This Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Salmon pizza is a nod to a fully loaded smoked salmon bagel.
When it comes to quick and easy recipes, I love taking a pantry staple, like a Gluten Free pizza crust, and using it as the canvas for my creation. You can use your favorite Gluten Free crust for this recipe. There are so many options. My favorite is My Bread Bakery 10" Crust.
Every pizza needs a paint of glue to hold down the abundance of toppings. For this pizza I'm using Dairy Free herb cheese spread. You can use either an herb blend or chive flavor. This is your chance to play with flavors and use what you like.
From there it's all about textures, like crunchy fennel with it's burst of sweet anise flavor, and pop of briny capers. These are the perfect accents to the rich and tender smoked salmon. Capping it off is bright dill, peppery arugula, and a fun accent of soft quail eggs.
Elegant but Easy Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Salmon Pizza
I love this recipe for both the bright and bold flavors, but also for how easy it is. With the exception of the crust and boiling the quail eggs this pizza is more about assembly.
- Use your favorite Gluten Free pizza crust. Bake according to the directions.
- Pick your favorite Dairy Free herb or chive cheese spread. Allow it to come to room temperature for make spreading easy.
- Slice your fennel thinly. A mandoline helps make this easy.
- Use your favorite smoked salmon for this recipe. You want paper thin slices so you get a salmon in every bite.
- Try to get a little of everything on every slice. This pizza is about the combination of crunchy and creamy, peppery and smoky, salty, and sweet.
- Have fun!
Do you love pizzas and flatbreads are much as I do? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Chorizo Pinto Bean Flatbread. Now let's make Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Salmon Pizza!
Gluten and dairy Free Smoked Salmon Pizza
- Baking Sheet
- 1 Gluten Free pizza crust
- 1 pkg Dairy Free cheese spread with herbs or chives, room temperature
- 3 cups arugula
- 6 quail eggs, boiled and cut in half
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, or according to the directions on your pizza crust.
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil and season with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Spread on the layer of cheese.
- Sprinkle on the capers. Add the arugula, fennel, smoked salmon, dill, and quail eggs.
Leave a Reply