There are some dishes that just instantly feel like a hug. We all have our favorites, the ones that are go to total comfort food meals. Gluten and Dairy Free Savory Italian Pot Roast is one of mine.
Is there anything better than the way pot roast perfumes the entire house? It's one of those magical foods that will have your family repeatedly coming into the kitchen asking if it's done yet.
A Classic with Amore
Pot roast in general is such a classic. Gluten and Dairy Free Savory Italian Pot Roast gets a makeover with Italian flavors.
Pot roasts one of my absolute favorite Sunday dinners. It's pure comfort the first night and the gift that keeps on giving for the rest of the week. Pot roast for lunch the next day is the best, and the possibilities for the leftovers are endless.
Part of what makes this recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Savory Italian Pot Roast so special is the addition of Outside Table's Everyday Herb. Bursting with the garden-fresh flavors of organic thyme and oregano it also has a slight kick to bring excitement and layers of flavor.
I love all of Outside Table's rubs and sauces. You can taste the artisanal small-batch quality. All of their products are crafted with organic ingredients and give your food that slow-cooked flavor.
In addition to the Everyday Herb, rich red wine, sweet tomatoes, and a bounty of aromatics make this dish hearty, warming, and comforting. The only question is, are you serving it draped over mashed potatoes?
Easy Gluten and Dairy Free Savory Italian Pot Roast
One of my favorite things about pot roast is how effortless it is. With just a little prep at the beginning, your oven does all of the work for you.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. This pot roast cooks slow and low.
- Malke sure you thoroughly pat your chuck roast dry before seasoning it. This will allow you to create that beautiful crust when you brown it.
- Season both sides of your chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven safe pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Add the seasoned chuck roast to the pan and allow the first side to sear until brown before flipping. Sear the second side.
- Remove the roast from the pan and add your onions. Sauté for several minutes before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Bring everything to a boil and then add the chuck roast back into the pot along with any drippings on the plate.
- Cover and place in the oven. Cook for 4-6 hours, or until the pot roast is fork tender.
- Serve your Gluten and Dairy Free Savory Italian Pot Roast with mashed potatoes and peas for the ultimate comfort food mashup.
Are you looking for more comfort food inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Ratatouille Pasta with Ground Beef. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Italian Pot Roast
- 1 Dutch oven or oven safe pot
- 2-3 lbs chuck roast
- 4 cups beef broth
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Outside Table Everyday Herb
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 onion, diced large
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp browning sauce Can substitute with Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Thoroughly pat your chuck roast dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat your dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the chuck roast to the heated pot. Allow the first side to sear and brown before flipping and searing the second side. Remove from the pot.
- Add the onions and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add the chuck roast back into the pot along with any drippings on the plate. Cover and place in the oven.
- Cook for 4-6 hours or until fork tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and peas.
Leave a Reply