If food is a love language, tacos must be the universal sign of love. However, they're served up they instantly make people happy and are always a crowd pleaser. Shake up taco night with these Gluten and Dairy Free Santa Fe Steak Tacos.
Taco night is always the favorite night of the week. You can travel the world just by switching up your ingredients and flavors. These tacos come together easily with a handful of ingredients and one of my favorite pantry staples.
Taco Night Done Right
There's no need to complicate taco night. With a few ingredients Gluten and Dairy Free Santa Fe Steak Tacos come together in less than 30 minutes.
I love how tacos are perfectly suited for quick, fresh, and healthy weeknight meals. The proteins are usually fast cooking, and the toppings are often a colorful celebration of beautiful produce.
The first layer of flavor for these tacos comes from a quick and easy marinade with Urban Accents Santa Fe BBQ Dryglaze. Just one packet of seasoning and an hour in the fridge, this steak packs a little sweet, a little heat, and that smoky perfume and flavor of barbecue.
I cubed the steak for these tacos and cooked it in a wok on my Aspire by Hestan grill. The even heat of the burners allowed me to get that perfect seared crust on the outside while keeping the meat medium rare. This is a great way to take a larger piece of meat and not only break it down for tacos but also allow it to cook at a faster rate.
Taking these tacos over the top is the fresh and vibrant corn and black bean salsa. This is one of those things that the longer it sits, the better it gets and the sunny flavor of lime absorbs into the poblanos, tomatoes, and corn and black beans. If corn is in season, all the better but you can also use canned corn for this.
It's Fiesta Time with Gluten and Dairy Free Santa Fe Steak Tacos
Get the margaritas going and invite some friends over. Taco night is bringing all of the flavor with these easy and bold ingredients.
- Cut your filets into 1 ½" cubes. Try to keep the sizes fairly consistent because this will allow them to cook evenly.
- Combine the steak cubes with the dry marinade and let it refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove the steak from the fridge and toss it with olive oil and kosher salt.
- Lightly oil a wok and heat it up on your grill or on medium-high heat on your burner.
- Add you marinated steak to the wok and cook for 4-5 minutes until the outside is browned and it forms a crust.
- Allow the steak to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make your salsa simply mix all of the ingredients together and allow them to sit for 10 minutes.
Are you looking for more taco inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Ahi Tuna Tacos with Tropical Salsa. Now let's get cooking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Santa Fe Steak Tacos
- 1 wok
- 1 grill
- 1 lbs beef filets, cubed into 1 ½" pieces
- 1 pkt Santa Fe BBQ seasoning
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
Black Bean Corn Salsa
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 2 limes, juiced
- pinch of salt and pepper
Santa Fe Tacos
- Gluten Free corn tortillas
- fresh cilantro
- Mix together the cubed steak with the Santa Fe seasoning and allow it to marinate for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Lightly oil a wok and heat on the grill.
- Add the salt and olive oil to the steak and mix to combine.
- Add the steak to the hot wok and cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing the entire time.
- Once the steak has formed a nice crust and browned remove from the pan and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Santa Fe Tacos
- Top your corn tortillas with the steak. Add the salsa, avocado, and cilantro.