I love having a sweet treat that is perfectly portioned and ideal any time of day. I don’t know about you but I’m just as likely to want a little sweet confection with coffee at 10:00 am as I am in the afternoon. These Gluten and Dairy Free Plum Jam Oatmeal Bars are the ultimate bite sized guilt free dessert.
With just a handful of ingredients that include pantry staples, these chewy bites come together in less than an hour. They’re perfect for breakfast on the go as well as adding something special into lunches.
Everything’s Coming Up Jammy
With just two whole ingredients and a blender, Gluten and Dairy Free Plum Jam Oatmeal Bars come together quickly with a burst of fresh plum flavor. There’s not even any cooking of the jam itself.
Four fresh plums at their peak juicy ripeness are combined with honey. Just that touch of honey intensifies the natural sweetness and flavors of the bright plums.
I love this recipe because it’s free of processed sugars. For the oatmeal bar portion of these I am using a brown sugar substitute. For this recipe I am using Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener.
This is a 1 to 1 equal sugar substitute which I love. I also love that it’s keto friendly, diabetic friendly, contains zero carbs, and is zero glycemic. That makes these bite sized poppable treats something you can feel good about serving your family and friends.
Baking Your Gluten and Dairy Free Plum Jam Oatmeal Bars
If you have a muffin tin and a blender you can make these jammy bars. I am going to walk you through each step.
- The plum jam consists of only two ingredients, fresh plums and honey. Make sure you pick ripe plums for the maximum sweetness and flavor. These are blended in the blender until smooth.
- Make sure your Dairy Free butter is room temperature before mixing the granola portion of these bars. It will help everything come together quickly and evenly.
- Firmly press 1 1/2 tablespoons of your granola mixture into the bottom of your muffin tins.
- Top the granola crust with one tablespoon of the fresh plum jam.
- Sprinkle the remaining granola mixture over the top of each granola bar. This will give you that irresistible crumble.
- Bake your Gluten and Dairy Free Plum Jam Granola Bars for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely. The only question is, are you drizzling a little extra honey on top?
Are you look for more easy recipe inspirations? Make sure to check out my recipe for Gluten Free No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars. Now let’s get baking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Plum Jam Granola Bars
- Mixing Bowl
- muffin tin
- 4 plums, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 stick, Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the plums and honey to a blend. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Firmly press 1 1/2 tbsp of the granola mixture into the bottom of each muffin.
- Top with 1 tbsp of the plum jam.
- Sprinkle the remaining granola over the top of each granola bar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle with honey if desired. Enjoy!