What do you get when you combine two comfort food classics? The ultimate dish that will disappear. Gluten and Dairy Free Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders are sure to become a part of your regular rotation.
Get out the napkins and let’s get a little sloppy. These fully loaded sliders pack everything you love about both Sloppy Joe’s and Philly cheesesteaks into the perfect messy bite.
Why pick between two comfort and childhood favorites when you can have fun giving them a little twist? Gluten and Dairy Free Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders are a treat for any night of the week, or even lunch.
Ooey, gooey, sloppy, and messy, I think these words describe the perfect Philly cheesesteak and also the perfect sloppy Joe. With both being childhood favorites and popular with kids, this dish is perfect for the family, but also so much fun to entertain with.
Whether you’re having friends over for game night or cheering on your favorite team, these handheld favorites will be a total hit. Beefy, and bursting with flavor, it’s a bold punch of flavor in every bite.
Ground beef is seasoned with the classic flavors of Sloppy Joes including ketchup and browning sauce (or Worcestershire sauce). The fresh vegetables of the Philly cheesesteak add both texture and flavor, onions, green bell peppers, and if you like, mushrooms.
But what is a Philly cheesesteak without that melty cheesy sauce guaranteed to drip down your arms every single time? For this Dairy Free cheese sauce we’re using nutritional yeast. This inactive yeast delivers the nutty umami of cheese while keeping it completely Dairy Free. Dairy Free cheddar cheese and Dairy Free sour cream also keep things creamy and irresistibly savory while mustard powder gives it a little bite and backbone.
Getting Messy with Gluten and Dairy Free Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders
If you’re looking for the ultimate quick weeknight meal, this dish is for you! Invite some friends over, and let’s get a little messy in the kitchen.
- Let’s get beefy! Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add your ground beef, using your spoon to break it up. Allow it to partially cook and then add your onions and green bell pepper.
- Continue to sauté the meat mixture until the onions are translucent.
- Add your seasonings, ketchup, browning sauce or Worcestershire, water, and cornstarch.
- Allow the mixture to reduce by half and then add your mushrooms. Continue to cook until the sauce is thick.
- While the beef is cooking, make your Dairy Free cheese sauce. Simply add all of the ingredients to a saucepan over medium-low heat. Continue to stir until it’s melted.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- To assemble your sandwiches Place the bottoms of your Gluten Free buns into an oven safe dish. Top with the ground beef mixture. Be generous with the cheese sauce. Add the tops of the buns. Top each sandwich with half a tablespoon of Dairy Free butter.
- Allow the sandwiches to bake for 10 minutes, and then it’s time to get a little messy!
Are you looking for more slider inspiration? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Supreme Pizza Sliders. Now Let’s get cooking!
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders
- 1 Large skillet
- 1 saucepan
- 1 Baking Dish
Sloppy Joe Beef
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 2 tsp browning sauce can substitute with 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 onion, diced large
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced optional
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 8 oz Dairy Free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe's
- 4 Gluten Free buns
- 2 tbsp Dairy Free butter, divided
Sloppy Joe Beef
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef. Use a spoon to break it up. Allow the beef to cook until partially done.
- Add the onions and bell pepper and continue to sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the seasonings, ketchup, browning sauce or Worcestershire, water, and cornstarch. Stir to combine.
- Allow the meat mixture to cook until the liquid is reduced by half, and then add the mushrooms.
- Continue to cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir to combine. Continue to stir until the cheese is fully melted.
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe's
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bottom buns in an oven safe baking dish.
- Top the buns with the ground beef mixture.
- Pour some of the cheese sauce over the top of the beef.
- Add the top buns.
- Place 1/2 tbsp Dairy Free butter on top of each sandwich.
- Bake the Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe's for 10 minutes.