It's beginning to look and taste a lot like Christmas when the first eggnog sighting occurs. It just can't be the holidays without a little eggnog. These Gluten and Dairy Free Frosted Eggnog Cookies are a fun spin on a taste of the season.
We all have that one person in our life that lives for the arrival of the nog. Whether it's you, or someone you love, these soft and decadent cookies a festive treat.
'Tis the Season
'Tis the season for all things festive. Trimming the trees, making everything bedazzled with twinkle lights, and of course serving up some eggnog. Hopefully spiked! These Gluten and Dairy Free Frosted Eggnog Cookies are a perfect way to incorporate the flavors of this joyous time of year.
There's something about biting into a soft and decadent cookie crowned in luxurious frosting. These cookies not only pack a ton of flavor, they also deliver on that irresistible texture that has you going back for another.
These soft and tender cookies are laced with all of the aromatic warm spices you'll find in eggnog. Allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon are infused into every bite.
Delivering on the eggnog flavor, I add Dairy Free eggnog to both the cookie dough and also the cloud of fluffy frosting. For this recipe I am using Califia Farms Dairy Free Holiday Nog. This almond milk nog is completely plant based.
Getting Festive with Gluten and Dairy Free Frosted Eggnog Cookies
When it comes to Christmas cookies, I love recipes that are easy. I will walk you through all the steps so you can have these cookies from the oven to the cookie jar.
- Pregame! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream your room temperature butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. This means you are going to beat them on high for three minutes until the consistency is light and fluffy.
- Add your eggnog and eggs and mix to combine. Then add your remaining ingredients and mix until just combined. You don't want to over mix.
- Use a scoop to portion out your cookies. Equal sized dough will allow them to bake evenly.
- Bake your cookies for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow them to cool completely before frosting them.
- To make your frosting for your Gluten and Dairy Free Frosted Eggnog Cookies make sure your Dairy Free butter is at room temperature. This will help make mixing the frosting easy and give you that smooth creamy texture. Just beat all of the ingredients until it's fluffy.
- No judgement if you have a spoon of frosting. It really is that good!
Are you looking for more cookies to fill your jar? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Spiced Cookies with Almond Chocolate. Now let's get baking!
Gluten and Dairy Free Frosted Eggnog Cookies
- baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 ½ cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup Dair Free eggnog
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Dairy Free eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to a bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggnog and eggs and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using a scoop portion out cookie dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
Leave a Reply