The holiday season is in full swing and with it all of the dazzling entertaining. Wow your friends and family with this easy and festive dessert. Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are sure to become a new favorite.
Pecan pie and the holidays go hand in hand, such as Easy Gluten Free Pecan Pie with Date Syrup. These decadent and delicious bars combine the flavors of a classic pecan with a spiced cookie crust, and of course, chocolate.
These Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are all about the pecans. When you start with the best, Pearson Farm, you only need a few pantry staples to pull this beautiful dessert together.
- Gluten Free Flour – Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour is my go-to flour for both sweet and savory dishes. It makes it easy to measure when converting recipes that aren’t traditionally Glute Free.
- Vanilla – The higher the quality the vanilla extract, the more pronounced the flavor will be.
- Dairy Free Butter – Make sure that your butter is at room temperature so the batter for the crust easily mixes together.
- Kosher Salt – Enhances all of the flavors of the ingredients while also giving a savory pop.
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar – Adds a depth of caramel flavor to the filling and crust while also giving the crust a little chew.
- Cinnamon – Adds warmth to the sweet crust.
- Coconut Cream – Helps create a caramel like filling for the pecans.
- Dark Chocolate – You can use a chocolate bar or dark chocolate chips. The slight bitterness of the dark chocolate balances the sweetness of these pie bars and adds a depth of flavor.
- Pearson Farm Mammoth Pecan Halves – For more than 135 years Pearson Farm has grown peaches and pecans in Georgia. These premium Georgia pecans are harvested, shelled, and packed right on the farm.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Skip rolling out pie dough. These cookie crust-based bars are as easy and mixing up your favorite batch of sugar cookies. Swap out your pie pan for your favorite baking dish and wow your friends and family with this fabulous, sweet treat.
Time needed: 5 hours and 55 minutes
The hardest part of making these pecan pie bars is waiting for them to cool off and set up in the refrigerator.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
Add all of the ingredients for your cookie crust to a bowl. Mix until just combined.
- First Bake
Press the dough into the prepared baking dish. Allow it to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
Add all of the ingredients for the filling except for the pecans to a saucepan over medium heat. Allow it to come to low boil and let it cook for five minutes.
- Second Bake
Pour the chocolate filling over the top of the crust. Top with the pecans. Allow the pecan bars to bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool Down
Remove the chocolate pecan bars from the oven and allow them to come to room temperature. Once cooled let them refrigerate for at least four hours to set up. These can be made the day before.
This recipe for Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars can be made with dairy butter for the crust. Just like the Dairy Free butter, allow the butter to come to room temperature before mixing it in with the other crust ingredients.
- Mixing Bowl – You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer to mix together this crust. You can also mix it by hand.
- Saucepan – The ingredients for the chocolate filling are simmered together until slightly thickened and the chocolate has fully melted.
- 8×8 Baking Dish – This recipe fits an 8×8 baking dish.
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Pecans are high in heart healthy oils. To prevent them from spoiling and extending their shelf life, you can keep them refrigerated in tightly sealed bags or containers. They will last for 9-10 months this way. You can also freeze your pecans in airtight containers, and this will extend their life to two years.
Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 saucepan
- 1 8×8 baking dish
- nonstick baking spray
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 tbsp Dairy Free butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Chocolate Pecan Filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 15 oz coconut cream
- 3 oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped can also use dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups Pearson Farm mammoth pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients for the crust to a bowl and mixed until just combined.
- Press the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the crust for 25030 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown.
- Add all of the ingredients for the filling except for the pecans to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low boil and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate filling over the top of the crust. Top with the pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the pecan pie bars to come to room temperature. Refrigerate them for at least 4 hours.
- Cut and enjoy!