Skip the tacos and bring on the nachos for your next Taco Tuesday! These Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Enchilada Nachos combine two Tex-Mex favorites into one ultimate dish.
Is there anything better than a fully loaded skillet of nachos? These hearty and savory nachos are all about the combination of fresh flavors and aromatic spice kissed sauce.
A Pan and a Plan
Summertime is here and I love getting outside and cooking everything on the grill. These Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Enchilada Nachos are a great dish to throw on the grill.
When it comes to using cookware on the grill, you always want to make sure your cookware is high heat safe. For these nachos I used the Hestan Nano Bond line. This cookware is designed to be high heat and oven safe up to 1050 degrees. It’s 100% non-toxic and I loved how easy they were to clean. You know how messy not just nachos can get, but also enchilada sauce. There was no sticking!
Aside from the fresh flavors in these nachos, I love that you can prepare the enchilada sauce ahead of time. This makes it perfect for meal prep. You can also cook the chicken ahead of time and assemble these when you’re ready.
The homemade enchilada sauce takes these nachos to the next level. It’s the same sauce I use in my Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Chicken Enchiladas. It combines aromatic chili powder, onion and garlic powder, cumin, and smoked paprika with chicken stock.
Nachos are all about the toppings and these nachos get a burst of freshness from grilled corn, cilantro, and of course some Dairy Free queso. I also love adding green salsa for a tart note.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Enchilada Nachos
With just a few simple steps, this fun and festive fully stacked chicken nachos comes together easily and effortlessly.
Time needed: 30 minutes
The chicken and the enchilada sauce can be made ahead of time making this a perfect meal prep dish.
- Getting Saucy
Make your enchilada sauce. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add your butter and Gluten Free flour and stir until the butter is melted and the flour begins to smell slightly nutty. Add your seasonings and allow them to toast for a minute before slowly pouring in your chicken stock. Continually stir as you pour it in to prevent any lumps from forming. Allow the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes and thicken. Set it aside until you are ready to use it.
- Brown it Up
Heat your grill to 400 degrees and preheat your skillet. Add your olive oil and ground chicken to the pa. Use your spoon to break up the chicken and allow it to cook for 5-8 minutes until it’s browned. Add your enchilada sauce to the chicken and allow it to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Load it Up
Build your nachos. Add your enchilada chicken, grilled corn, tomatillo salsa, and dairy free queso! Dig in and enjoy!
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Enchilada Nachos
This enchilada sauce isn’t just great for nachos, it is perfect on any of your favorite enchilada recipes. It can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for several days. Just reheat it on low when you’re ready to use it.
Gluten and Dairy Free Chicken Enchilada Nachos
- 1 saucepan
- 1 grill safe skillet
- 1 tbsp Gluten Free 1.1 flour
- 2 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Chicken Enchilada Nachos
- 1 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Gluten Free tortilla chips
- 2 ears of corn, grilled, kernels removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free queso sauce
- Preheat a saucepan over medium heat. Add your butter and flour, and stir until the butter is melted and the flour begins to smell slightly nutty.
- Add your spices and allow them to toast for a minute.
- Slowly pour in your chicken stock. stirring the entire time. Allow the mixture to simmer for an additional 10 minutes as it thickens and reduces. Set aside.
Chicken Enchilada Nachos
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Allow your grill safe skillet to preheat for a couple of minutes.
- Add your olive oil and chicken. Use your spoon to break up the chicken as it cooks, 5-8 minutes.
- Add your enchilada sauce and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes so the flavors can marry and the enchilada sauce to reduce slightly.
- To build your nachos place tortilla chips on your serving dish. Top with the enchilada chicken. Add all of your favorite toppings.