Fall is all about cozy eats and comfort food. Banana bread is one of those almost universally beloved comfort foods. Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread Pudding takes the comforting classic to the next level.
Whether you're looking a way to use leftover Banana Bread or a twist on the classic, this sticky and moist dessert will have you reaching for another bite. The only question is, would you eat this for breakfast?
Forget leftovers. Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread Pudding is a total makeover! Combining tender and moist banana bread with a few pantry and baking staples, this dessert comes together easily.
- Gluten Free Banana Bread - Why make regular bread pudding when you can use banana bread? Aside from the natural sweetness and fruitiness of the bananas, it usually has the crunch of nuts and warm spices.
- Eggs - Helps form the base of the custard that holds bread pudding together.
- Dairy Free Milk - Use your favorite non-dairy variety such as oat milk.
- Vanilla Extract - The higher the quality the vanilla, the more flavor you will have.
- Sugar - Because banana bread is already sweet, it doesn't take much to bring together the custard for this dessert.
- Dairy Free Butter - Adds a little richness to the custard while helping it to brown.
- Cinnamon - Echoes the cinnamon in the banana bread while giving another layer of warmth.
- Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk - Gets cooked down to form an easy caramel sauce that is drizzled on at the end.
- Walnuts - While this is optional, it adds crunch and texture to every bite.
- Dairy Free Ice Cream - Cold vanilla ice cream melting on warm bread pudding is the ultimate combination.
How to Make Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread Pudding
Using already made banana bread, this recipe comes together quickly and easily. Just add a mimosa and call it brunch!
Time needed: 1 hour.
Sweet banana bread, warm cinnamon, and an easy caramel sauce come together for the ultimate creation.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 7x10 baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set it aside.
Mix together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and butter.
Add the cubed banana bread to the prepared baking dish. Pour the custard over the top.
Bake the banana bread pudding for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the custard has set.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a pot over medium heat. Allow it to cook for five minutes until it has slightly thickened and turned more golden. Pour the caramel over the top of the Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread Pudding.
- Finishing Touch
Top the bread pudding with walnuts and Dairy Free ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
While this recipe is made with Gluten Free banana bread, you can use your favorite banana bread recipe. In addition, it can be made with dairy milk and butter.
Don't just stop at banana bread! Fall is in full swing and with it all things pumpkin. Try swapping out the banana bread for pumpkin bread. Come spring, give your favorite blueberry bread a makeover.
How to Measure Bananas
We’ve all made banana bread or seen recipes that call for half a cup or a cup of bananas. But how much do you actually need when it comes to measuring bananas themselves? When it comes to measuring bananas, a recipe can state whether it’s chopped, or mashed, as in most banana bread recipes. However, they both measure slightly differently! Keep in mind that when adding bananas to a recipe more banana doesn’t equal more flavor. Instead, it could leave you with a dense or mushy finished product. Instead, you want to use the ripest bananas possible for the most intense banana flavor.
Here is an easy guide to use the next time you need to measure out fresh banana for a recipe.
- ½ banana: ⅓ cup chopped | ¼ cup mashed
- 1 banana: ⅔ cup chopped | ½ cup mashed
- 1-½ bananas: 1 cup chopped | ¾ cup mashed
- 2 bananas: 1-⅓ cups chopped | 1 cup mashed
- 3 bananas: 2 cups chopped | 1-½ cups mashed
- 4 bananas: 2-⅔ cups chopped | 2 cups mashed
Top Tip for Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread Pudding
When you pour your custard base over the cubed banana bread, allow it to soak in before baking. This will ensure every bite has that soften and tender texture. In addition, even sized cubes will help this dessert have a consistent texture and bake up better.
Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread Pudding
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 7"x10" baking dish
- 4-5 cups banana bread, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp Dairy Free butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can Dairy Free sweetened condensed milk
- walnuts, optional
- Dairy Free vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 7x10 baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Add the eggs, milk, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the banana bread to the baking dish, making sure to spread it out evenly.
- Pour the custard mixture over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk a pan over medium heat. Allow to cook for five minutes until thickened and a light golden color.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the bread pudding.
- Sprinkle cashews over the top if desired. Serve with Dairy Free ice cream if desired.
Leave a Reply