Meaty sausage, fluffy eggs, and double cheese make Easy Sausage Breakfast Pizza the ultimate way to start the day. The best part this hearty breakfast comes together in thirty minutes!
Savory sausage makes everything better, including this piled high pizza pie. Whether it’s starring in Creamy Sausage Gravy or a breakfast inspired pizza, it’s an ingredient that is guaranteed to get the family to the table. Just be warned, it’s also an ingredient that your friends and family will be stealing as you cook.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy Process – Other than browning your sausage and scrambling your eggs, this breakfast pizza recipe is mostly about assembly. Anybody can make this!
- Fast Cooking – The pizza itself only needs 15 minutes to cook, just enough to melt the cheese and warm everything through.
- Simple Ingredients – There are no complicated ingredients here. Everything can be picked up at the grocery store including the short cut already cooked crust.
- Customizable – You can use a Gluten Free crust for this if desired, or a regular precooked crust. You can also use all Dairy Free cheese or dairy cheese. The recipe works great with all options.
This Easy Sausage Breakfast Pizza gives you everything you love about breakfast in the ultimate pizza mashup. If you’re team savory when it comes to brunch, this would be a fun dish to serve up to family and friends and is easy to double up.
- Carando Toscano Ground Sausage – Made with fresh, premium ingredients using old world inspired recipes, this sausage delivers on true Italian flavor. Made with 100% pork it will instantly have your family asking what’s for breakfast when it hits the pan.
- Premade Pizza Crust – Let the grocery store help you out and pick up a premade pizza crust when you’re picking up your sausage.
- Eggs – What’s breakfast without some fluffy scrambled eggs? They’re the ideal canvas for that savory sausage.
- Peppers – Adds both earthiness and sweetness. Use your favorite combination.
- Onion – Adds a layer of sweetness that balances the savory sausage.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure that it’s at room temperature so it easily spreads. Both Dairy Free and regular cream cheese work well for this.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – All pizza needs cheese including this stacked breakfast creation.
- Chives – Adds mild and delicate onion flavor and a pop of freshness.
How to Make Easy Sausage Breakfast Pizza
This is the ultimate way to start the day while also being special enough for any brunch. It also makes a great fun lunch or even breakfast for dinner.
Time needed: 34 minutes
Fluffy scrambled eggs, layers of cheese, and salty savory sausage make this pizza a true event.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and use a spoon or spatula to break it up. Allow it to brown, about five minutes.
Add the peppers and onions to the pan and cover, allowing it to cook an additional five minutes or until the sausage is browned and cooked through.
Add your eggs to a bowl and whisk well with a fork or whisk. Add them into a nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook them until they are a soft scramble. Immediately remove them from the heat.
Place the prepared pizza crust onto the pan. Spread cream cheese over the top. Sprinkle the cheese over the cream cheese. Top with the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle the sausage mixture over the top.
Allow the pizza to bake for fifteen minutes.
- Finishing touch
Sprinkle fresh chives over the top of the pizza and enjoy!
This recipe was made with a gluten free pizza crust and dairy free cheeses. You can easily swap the crust for a regular pizza crust. In addition, you can also use full dairy cream cheese and shredded cheddar.
Feel free to swap out the prepared pizza crust for your favorite flatbread for this recipe. The bake time might vary a little.
Like things spicy? Swap out the bell pepper in this recipe for jalapenos and poblanos, or just poblanos. Have fun by making it completely your own.
To make this recipe go even faster your can cook the sausage and vegetables ahead of time. Keep them stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they will last for up to three days.
You can make the scrambled eggs up to two days in advance. Allow them to cool completely after cooking them. Keep them tightly covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble your pizza.
Top Tip for Easy Sausage Breakfast Pizza
When you’re scrambling your eggs, only cook them to a soft scramble. Because they will cook more in the oven on the pizza, you want to cook them until they’re just set and fluffy.
Easy Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- 1 large skillet with lid
- 1 nonstick pan
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- 16 oz Carando Toscano Ground Sausage
- 1 large premade pizza crust
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausage. Use a spoon or spatula to break it up, letting it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and peppers and stir to combine. Cover the skillet with a lid and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the sausage is browned and cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- Add the eggs to a bowl. Use a fork or whisk to break them up and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook them until they are a soft scramble. Immediately remove from the heat.
- Place the pizza crust onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese over the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Add the scrambled eggs on top of the cheese.
- Top the eggs with the sausage mixture.
- Let the pizza bake for 15 minutes. Remove.
- Garnish with fresh chives and enjoy!