Tangy, creamy, and begging for double dipping, Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing will make you ditch the bottled dressing in favor of this savory creation. Perfect for dipping wings and topping wedge salads, this will become a staple.
If you’re looking for the ultimate dipper to serve alongside your Grilled Orange Glazed Chicken Wings, this is it. It’s thick texture makes it ideal for dipping wings and vegetables, topping burgers, or adding to your favorite salad. The best part, you probably have the handful of easy ingredients on hand.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy Process – No cooking required! You simply mix this up and then let it chill for the best flavor.
- Meal Prep – You can make this on a Sunday and enjoy it all week long. Go ahead and double the recipe and say goodbye to store bought ingredients.
- Versatility – Not only can you use this blue cheese dip in multiple ways, but you can also make it either completely dairy free or use your favorite dairy blue cheese dressing.
Unlike bottled dressings with mystery ingredients you can’t pronounce, Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing takes just a minimum amount of quality ingredients to deliver that bold blue cheese flavor. It is easy to make and customize to what you like.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles – Funky, tangy, and bursting with umami.
- Mayonnaise – Combined with the sour cream, this creates the cream, rich base for the homemade salad dressing.
- Lemon – Cuts through the richness and adds a sunny, acidic pop of flavor.
- Sour Cream – A little tangy and completely creamy, this gives this dressing its thick, luscious texture.
- Garlic – A little sharp and pungent, this delivers pure savory flavor.
- Salt and Pepper – Enhances all of the natural flavors of the ingredients without over powering them.
How to Make Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Once you discover how easy and rewarding it is to make your own homemade salad dressings, you will never reach for the bottle at the grocery store again. Thick, tangy, and irresistibly delicious, anyone can make this.
Time needed: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Thick and creamy blue cheese dressing is perfect for dipping, topping, and spreading.
Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
Allow the blue cheese dip to refrigerate for at least an hour. This will allow the flavors to marry and come together.
Serve up your blue cheese dressing with your favorite wings or crudites and enjoy!
This blue cheese dressing was made with dairy free ingredients. However, you can make the same dressing with all dairy ingredients. The measurements will be the same.
Add-Ins for Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
This blue cheese dressing is delicious on its own. However feel free to add additional ingredients for a slightly different flavor profile. Here are a few suggestions.
- Fresh Chives
- Green Onions
- A Pinch of Cayenne
- Splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh Parsley
How to Serve Blue Cheese Dressing
The thick texture of this blue cheese dip makes it well suited to many different things. Here are some ideas on how to serve it up.
- Crudites Platter
- Buffalo Nachos
- Buffalo Pizza
- Wedge Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad
- Blue Cheese Slaw
This is the ultimate make ahead that you will find yourself reaching for all week long in different ways. Don’t be afraid to double up on the recipe. You will want to keep it stored an airtight container and refrigerated. It will last for up to a week.
Top Tip for Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Both dairy free and dairy blue cheese have their own salt content. After you have allowed your dip to refrigerate for an hour, taste it and see if you need to add any additional seasoning. Also keep in mind that you may be dipping salty things into it like buffalo wings.
Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Let refrigerate for at least an hour. This can be made several days in advance.
- Taste before serving and adjust seasoning if necessary.