I love serving up rice bowls for both lunch and dinner. These fun and interactive dishes are perfect for any time of day while also being great for meal prep. Easy Gluten Free Smoked Salmon Rice Bowls are one of my favorites.
I love having dishes I can prepare in advance and throw together for a quick lunch or easy weeknight dinner. While this dish is easy to prepare, it’s fresh ingredients and vibrant colors satiate all the senses.
Dinner Made Easy
When you have a well-stocked pantry, it’s easy to create beautiful and healthy meals with minimal effort. Easy Gluten Free Smoked Salmon Rice Bowls will have a vibrant meal on the table without ever heating up the kitchen.
One of my favorite things to stock in my refrigerator is Ducktrap Smoke Roasted Atlantic Salmon. These perfectly portioned, ready to eat smoked salmon filets make creating a nourishing meal effortless.
Ducktrap is one of the most well-known smoked seafood brands. They’ve been perfecting their craft for over 40 years, going from 2 employees to over 100. They use a combination of local Maine woods, cherry, apple, oak, and maple, for a light and delicate smoke flavor that allows the salmon to shine.
While this is a perfect quick lunch or weeknight meal, it’s also a fun dish to entertain with. I share my favorite toppings for these rice bowls in the recipe, but you can add your own. Everyone can mix and match and create a bowl with their favorite flavors.
A light sweet and bright dressing ties everything together. Honey, soy, rice wine vinegar, and the pop of garlic tie everything together and accent without overwhelming the delicate flavors of the salmon.
Building Easy Gluten Free Smoked Salmon Rice Bowls
Whether you’re looking to wow your friends and family with these beautiful bowls, or just treat yourself, there’s no need to heat up the kitchen. Just a little chopping and assembly, and dinner is done!
- Cook your rice. I like to use aromatic jasmine rice for these bowls. The rice can be made ahead of time and stored until you’re ready to build your bowls.
- Chop up your toppings. I like the texture, colors, and the way the flavors play together of cucumber, avocado, edamame, purple cabbage, and cucumber. If there are different ingredients you like, add them in! Feeling a little spicy, add jalapeno slices. Not a lover of cilantro? Leave it off. Have fun customizing your bowls with your favorites.
- Cup up your salmon or gently flake it with a fork.
- Mix up your dressing. If you are prepping everything to create these later your can mix your dressing in a mason jar for easy storage.
Are you looking for more easy weeknight meal ideas? Make sure you check out my recipe for Gluten Free Salmon Pistachio Pesto Pasta. Now let’s get cooking!
Easy Gluten Free Smoked Salmon Rice Bowls
Smoked Salmon Rice Bowls
- 1 Ducktrap Smoke Roasted Atlantic Salmon
- jasmine rice, cooked
- purple cabbage, shredded
- carrots, shredded
- cucumber, sliced
- avocado, diced
- edamame beans
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
Smoked Salmon Rice Bowls
- Add rice to the bottom of your bowls.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
- Add the smoked salmon.
- Whisk together your dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the bowls.