Skip the reservations and make a meal to remember at home. Easy Filet Mignon with Pork Belly Mushrooms is an elegant meal that will turn any night into a celebration.
When it comes to taking an evening and turning it into an event, steak is always the right answer, such as my Gluten Free Flank Steak with Cilantro Chimichurri. With just a few simple ingredients and tips, this recipe is destined to become a date night in classic.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
Easy Filet Mignon with Pork Belly Mushrooms is all about creating an effortless and delicious steakhouse experience at home.
- Easy Process – Skip the smoking and reverse searing. This recipe is all about searing steaks in a preheated skillet. While the flavors and presentation might taste and look like you spent all day in the kitchen the entire cook takes less than 45 minutes including resting your steaks.
- Minimal Ingredients – This recipe requires just a handful of ingredients with maximum impact.
- Balanced Flavors – Savory, earthy, rich, salty, herbaceous…this recipe hits all of the marks.
- Adaptable Recipe – While this recipe is Gluten Free and Dairy Free, you can easily adapt it to your preferred ingredients.
- Filet Mignon – Lean yet irresistibly tender, this cut of steak is ideal for searing.
- Kosher Salt – Salt not only seasons the steak and amplifies its beefy flavor, it also helps create its crust.
- Black Pepper – The slightly spicy yet floral note of black pepper compliments the rich flavors in this dish.
- Pork Belly – Fatty, savory, and unctuous, pork belly comes from the same part of the pig as bacon…it’s simply not cured or smoked. Its fat is used to both sear the steaks and also added to the mushroom and herb topping.
- Mushrooms – Earthy and meaty in their own way, these add texture and flavor to the recipe.
- Dairy Free Butter – Rich and creamy, this helps caramelize the mushrooms.
- Thyme – Herbaceous and citrusy, thyme enhances the earthy flavors of the mushrooms.
- Rosemary – Aromatic and woodsy, this accents both the mushrooms and the steak.
- Garlic – Aromatic and sharp, this adds another layer of savory flavor.
- Toasted Bread – There is nothing like crusty bread to sop up the luxurious drippings from steak. Use your favorite Gluten Free variety.
- Parmesan Cheese – Nutty and savory, this accents both the steaks and the mushrooms. Use your favorite Dairy Free variety.
How to Make Easy Filet Mignon with Pork Belly Mushrooms
Fire up your grill and get out your skillet. Creating steak night at home has never been easier.
Time needed: 40 minutes
Preheat your grill to 500-550 degrees. Place your skillet on the grill and allow it to get hot. Season both sides of your steaks with salt and pepper.
Add your pork belly to the pan and continue to stir it. Let it cook until it is crispy. Remove from the pan, but leave the drippings.
- Steaks On
Add your seasoned steaks to the hot pan. Allow the first sides to cook for about 3 minutes before flipping. Let the second side cook for another 3 minutes, or until you have reached your desired temperature. Remove the steaks from the pan and allow them to rest while you cook the mushrooms.
Turn the heat to medium low. Add your pork belly back into the pan along with the mushrooms, herbs, garlic, and butter. Let the mushrooms cook until they are golden brown.
- Dinner’s Served
To serve, place the steak on toasted bread topped with parmesan. Add the mushroom and pork belly mixture and enjoy!
I used Dairy Free cheese and butter for this recipe in addition to Gluten Free bread. You can recreate the same recipe with your favorite toasted bread and full dairy butter and cheese.
Tools for Easy Filet Mignon with Pork Belly Mushrooms
- Grill – I cooked this steak on my Aspire by Hestan grill. It easily heats to the 500-550 range that allows for the perfect searing of this steak.
- Hestan NanoBond Pan – When cooking on a grill, you want to make sure that you use grill safe pans. Not only are the NanoBond pans oven safe up to 1050 degrees, they also clean up easily!
To achieve the perfect crust on your steak, always make sure that you pat them dry before searing them. In addition you want your pan fully heated before adding your steaks. This will sear them as opposed to steaming them.
Easy Filet Mignon with Pork Belly Mushrooms
- 1 grill
- 1 Hestan NanoBond pan
- 2 filet mignon steaks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup pork belly, cut into cubes can substitute with thick cut bacon
- 8 oz mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 2 sprigs fres thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sliced Gluten Free bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free parmesan
- Pat the steaks dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Allow to sit while heating the grill.
- Heat the grill to 500-550. Place NanoBond pan on the grill and allow it to heat.
- Add the pork belly to the pan and cook until crispy. Remove from the pan, leaving the drippings.
- Place the steaks in the pan, cooking the first side for approximately 3 minutes before flipping.
- Cook the second side approximately 3 minutes, or until you've reached your desired temperature.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and allow them to rest.
- Reduce the grill to medium-low. Add your pork belly back into the pan along with the mushrooms, butter, fresh herbs, and garlic. Sauté until the mushrooms are golden and tender.
- To serve, sprinkle parmesan on the toasted bread. Top with the filet. Add the mushroom and pork belly mixture.