Football season is just around the corner and what better way to kick it off than with the ultimate gameday snack? Decadent Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Crab Dip will have you scoring a total touch down with your family and friends.
Dip is always the right answer, such as my Gluten and Dairy Free Shrimp and Crab Rangoon Dip. The only thing better than sweet and succulent crab is crab kissed by that mysterious ingredient that makes everything better, smoke. This easy and delicious recipe is sure to become a repeat at all of your tailgating events.
Kissed by Smoke
Fire up the grill and get out your cast iron skillet. Decadent Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Crab dip is the ultimate hit of any party.
With just a few simple ingredients and a couple of tips, this recipe comes together with minimal effort. There’s no judgement about double dipping with something this creamy and luxurious.
Dairy Free cream cheese and Dairy Free sour cream make up the base of this dip. They give the tang that compliments the natural sweetness of the crab. They also are the perfect canvas for a kiss of mesquite.
Using Western Mesquite BBQ Smoking Chips makes it easy to add that layer of smoke to any recipe on the grill. Whether you’re firing up a gas grill, charcoal grill, or electric grill, Western makes it easy to add that smoke flavor. They’re made with all natural ingredients that are free of chemicals.
All you need are a few basic pantry ingredients for the rest of this recipe. Garlic and onion powder provide the aromatics. Ancho chile powder gives an earthy kick while Dairy Free parmesan adds a nutty flavor. And don’t forget the dippers! I like Gluten Free pita chips for this, but use your favorite.
How to Make Decadent Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Crab Dip
When you start with a luxurious ingredient like crab, it doesn’t take much to make it shine.
Time needed: 30 minutes
Preheat your grill to 400 degrees. Create your foil pack for your wood chips. Add your wood chips to a piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides to form an envelope. Use either a fork or knife to pierce holes on the top so the smoke can permeate your dish. Place the foil pack on the grill.
- Getting Crabby
Add all of your ingredients for the smoked crab dip to a cast iron skillet. Place on the grill. Allow it to grill for 15 minutes or until the cream cheese is melted.
- Mix it Up
Stir the dip until it’s creamy and fully combined.
- Serve it Up
Serve your smoked crab dip with any of your favorite dippers.
I made this recipe for Decadent Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Crab Dip with Dairy Free ingredients. However, the same recipe can be made with all dairy ingredients. Use what you like! In addition, you can make this recipe on a gas grill, charcoal grill, or electric grill.
When it comes to picking crab for this recipe, save the jump lump crab for your crab cakes and go with either regular picked crab meat or lump crab meat.
Decadent Gluten and Dairy Free Smoked Crab Dip
- 1 cast iron skillet
- 1 cup crab meat
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese
- 8 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 8 oz Dairy Free parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 cup Western Mesquite BBQ Smoking Chips
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your foil pack. Place 2 cups of wood chips into a large piece of foil. Fold over and seal the edges like an envelope. Use a fork or knife to pierce holes in the top, careful not to go all the way through. This will allow the smoke to escape. Place the foil pack on the grill.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to a cast iron skillet and place on the grill. Close your grill and allow it to grill for 15 minutes or until the cream cheese is melted and beginning to bubble.
- Remove from the grill and mix until everything is combined.
- Serve with your favorite dippers.