When it comes to ice cream sundaes, there can never be enough toppings! Dairy Free Loaded Upside-Down Ice Cream Sundaes are a fun new twist on the ice cream parlor classic.
Chocolate and caramel just make everything better, like Gluten and Dairy Free Decadent Twix Cookies. This ooey, gooey, and delicious take on the classic ice cream sundae is a fun take on the dynamic duo of chocolate and caramel.
When the craving for a sweet treat hits, it shouldn't be complicated and require a lot of ingredients. Dairy Free Loaded Upside-Down Ice Cream Sundaes take a few pantry staples and give you that molten bowl of glorious decadence that will have you double and triple dipping.
- Peanuts - This adds crunch and also a slightly savory note to every bite.
- Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk - Nature's Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk is Dairy Free and soy free. Made with minimal natural ingredients including coconut cream, it creates the perfect sweet caramel for these sundaes.
- Dairy Free Semi-Sweet Chocolate - Use your favorite kind. The slightly more better semi-sweet chocolate balances the sweetness of the condensed sweetened milk.
- Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream - Cold, creamy, and delicious, this isn't the base of the sundae, it's the crowning glory.
How to Make Dairy Free Loaded Upside-Down Ice Cream Sundaes
Making ice cream sundaes shouldn't be complicated. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, this is destined to be your new late-night treat. The only question is, are you going to share?
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Spoons up! Give the classic ice cream sundae a fun twist with this sweet and cool confection.
Place the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate in intervals of 10-15 seconds. Stir in between until the chocolate is melted. Sprinkle the peanuts over the top.
Microwave the sweetened condensed milk for 10-15 seconds until it is just warmed through and pourable.
- Crunch Factor
Next, pour the warmed sweetened condensed milk over the top of the peanuts and chocolate.
- Cherry on Top
One scoop or two? Top off the caramel and chocolate layers with a scoop of Dairy Free vanilla ice cream. Dig in and enjoy every bite!
Have fun playing with flavors. You can switch up both the nuts in this recipe and also the ice cream flavors. Feel free to use hazelnuts, pecans, or even macadamia nuts for a tropical twist. If chocolate is your favorite double up by using a Dairy Free chocolate ice cream.
This recipe was made with all Dairy Free ingredients. However, you can switch them out for your favorite dairy ingredients.
Top Tip for Dairy Free Loaded Upside-Down Ice Cream Sundaes
There is nothing like a pert and perfect scoop of ice cream. To help you achieve that spherical shape, dip your ice cream scoop into warm water before scooping. This will allow it to sink easily into the cold ice cream and also release easily.
Dairy Free Loaded Upside-Down Ice Cream Sundaes
- 2 microwave safe bowls
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup Dairy Free sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup Dairy Free semi-sweet chocolate
- Dairy Free vanilla ice cream
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Working in intervals of 10-15 seconds, microwave the chocolate, stirring in between until melted.
- Sprinkle the peanuts over the top.
- Microwave the sweetened condensed milk for 10-15 seconds until just warmed through and easy to pour.
- Pour over the top of the peanuts and melted chocolate.
- Top with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Leave a Reply