Give Taco Tuesday a tasty update with this quick and easy spin on the traditional beef taco. Dairy Free Double Decker Tostadas are the crispy, crunchy, savory meal your family will be requesting again and again.
Taco night is always the right answer, such as the Ultimate Pork Birria Tacos. They're always a crowd pleaser and such as the case of these fully loaded tostadas, perfect for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
Taco night can be as fancy or familiar as you like it. Dairy Free Double Decker Tostadas five you all of the comfort of a crispy crunchy ground beef taco with easily accessible ingredients you probably already have.
- Ground Beef - Rich, meaty, and perfect for a fast weeknight meal, ground beef delivers the classic flavors of the beloved beef taco.
- Taco Seasoning - Use your favorite packet of taco seasoning. Some may call for the addition of water so check your package.
- Refried Beans - Adds texture and flavor while helping hold the tostada shell and tortilla together.
- Gluten Free Corn Tortillas - Brings softness to balance the crunch of the tostada shell while also creating the second layer.
- Corn Tostada Shells - Crunchy, crispy, and irresistible, this is the base for the tostadas.
- Dairy Free Shredded Cheese - Use your favorite variety.
- Vegetable Oil - Helps crisp up the corn tortillas.
- Toppings - Have fun with your toppings! Treat your tostadas like a giant nacho. Lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and Dairy Free sour cream are just some of the options. Like it spicy? Add pickled or fresh jalapenos. Homemade pico de gallo is another great option.
How to Make Dairy Free Double Decker Tostadas
There's no need for takeout with these easy and delicious fully loaded tostadas. Stack 'em and pile them up!
Time needed: 35 minutes.
Any night is the right night for tacos with this easy and fun beef tostada recipe.
Heat your grill and griddle to 500 degrees.
- Taco Time
Cook your ground beef on the griddle until it is cooked through. Season with the taco seasoning and set aside.
Divide the refried beans between the 6 tortillas and spread them out. Sprinkle shredded cheese on the beans and top them with the crispy tostada shells.
Add the vegetable oil to the griddle. Add your stacked tortilla/tostadas and allow the tortillas to cook for 5-7 minutes until the tortillas are slightly crispy.
Top the stacked tostadas with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!
- Ground Chicken/Turkey - This same recipe can be made with different types of ground meat such as chicken or turkey. However, if you're using a leaner ground meat make sure to add a little oil to your griddle when cooking it.
- Spicy - Use a spicy taco seasoning to spice things up. You can also use a homemade taco seasoning for this recipe.
- Cheese - This recipe uses Dairy Free cheese. However, you can use dairy cheese for this recipe as well.
- Tortillas - Feel free to replace the corn tortilla in this recipe with a flour tortilla. In addition, you can also replace the tostada shell for a crispy taco shell and make double decker tacos.
For this recipe for Dairy Free Double Decker Tostadas I am using the Aspire by Hestan Grill. The griddle not only heats up quickly but also cleans easily. The dual halogen lighting makes it ideal for nighttime grilling and its design makes it a full outdoor kitchen.
Tips for Dairy Free Double Deck Tostadas
Portions of these tostadas can be made ahead of time making them ideal for meal prep. You can not only make the taco meat mixture ahead of time and chop all of your toppings, but you can also use leftover beans for this recipe.
Have fun mixing up the meat for this recipe. Besides ground meat, you can also make these fajita style with either chicken or steak cooked on the griddle along with peppers and onions.
Dairy Free Double Decker Tostadas
- 1 Griddle
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 cup refried beans
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 cup Dairy Free shredded cheese
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, Dairy Free sour cream, etc.
- Heat your grill and griddle to 500 degrees.
- Place the ground beef onto the griddle and add the taco seasoning. Continue to move it around until the ground beef is completely cooked through. Remove from the griddle.
- Divide the refried beans between the 6 tortillas and spread them out. Sprinkle cheese on top of the beans and then stack the tostada shell on top.
- Add the vegetable oil to the griddle. Place the stacked tostadas onto the griddle and allow them to cook 5-7 minutes until the tortillas are slightly crispy.
- To build your tostadas, top each with ground beef. Add shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, and your favorite taco toppings.
Leave a Reply