Is there any better game day mashup than chips and dip? You will be the MVP on Superbowl Sunday with this Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Dip!
Potatoes in all forms are a comfort food unto themselves. Whether it’s Dairy Free Loaded Baked Potato Soup or this creamy and dreamy chips and dip, there’s something about the humble spud that always hugs the soul.
Not only does Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Dip score a total game day touchdown in flavor and texture, but it also scores in being easy to shop for. One you pick up your bag of Ruffles, it doesn’t take much to bring this luscious chip dip together.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese – Thick, decadent, and tangy, this is the perfect base for this dip that begs for double dipping.
- Dairy Free Sour Cream – All loaded baked potatoes need that tangy sour cream. This also helps loosen up the thick cream cheese.
- Garlic Powder – Adds a hint of savory bite to cut through the richness.
- Parsley – Gives a grassy, fresh note.
- Chives – The sprinkles of all baked potatoes, these give delicate onion flavor and freshness.
- Onion Powder – Echoes the onion flavor of the chives.
- Bacon – Bacon makes everything better including this fun and festive dip. Gives smoky flavor and salt.
- Dairy Free Cheddar Cheese – What’s a loaded baked potato without cheese? This is the finishing touch to this dip that will have you diving in again and again.
- Ruffles Potato Chips – All dips need the ultimate chip for dipping. The ridges capture the dip providing the ideal surface for it to cling to. The sturdy cut holds up to all of the flavor and texture of this dip.
How to Make Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Dip
There’s no need to heat up the kitchen with the snack attack for chips and dip kicks in. This dip comes together faster than a commercial break.
Time needed: 15 minutes
Tangy, creamy, smoky, and begging for doubly dipping, this dip combines all the best flavors of a fully loaded baked potato with the perfect chip.
Make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature.
Add your cream cheese, sour cream seasonings, chives, parsley, and half of the bacon and cheddar cheese to a bowl. Use a mixer and mix on high until its creamy and fully combined.
Add your cheesy bacon dip to a bowl. Top with the remaining bacon and cheddar cheese and extra chives if desired.
Pop open that bag of Ruffles and dive in! Be warned, this won’t last long!
This dip is completely Dairy Free. However, you can use full dairy cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar cheese in this recipe. The measurements will be the same.
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer will ensure that this dip is thick and silky while incorporating all of the ingredients with complete ease. You can mix this by hand, but the texture won’t be quite as airy.
This chip dip is an ideal dish to make ahead of time, making it perfect for game day meal prep. If you keep it stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator it will keep for up to a week. Allow it to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before serving to allow it to soften up a little.
Top Tip for Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Dip
Make sure that your cream cheese is fully room temperature and softened before mixing your ingredients. Not only will the dip come together that much faster, but it will also ensure that it is free of any lumps.
Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 1 mixing bowl/mixer
- 8 oz Dairy Free cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz Dairy Free sour cream
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 cup Dairy Free cheddar cheese shredded
- Ruffles for serving
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, herbs, seasonings, and half of the cheese and bacon to a bowl. Use a mixer and mix until creamy and completely incorporated.
- Add to a serving bowl. Top with the remaining bacon and cheddar. Garnish with chives if desired.
- Serve with Ruffles potato chips.