Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! What better way to show your love than with homemade chocolate covered strawberries? These Dairy Free Chocolate Hazelnut Dipped Strawberries are bursting with sweetness and elevated with the buttery flavor and texture of hazelnuts.
If you’re looking for the perfect sweet confection to end your Dairy Free Seared Steak with Garlic Herb Butter dinner with, this is just the treat. With just a few simple steps these are sure to become a date night staple.
When it comes to making homemade chocolate covered strawberries, you don’t need that many ingredients. Dairy Free Chocolate Hazelnut Dipped Strawberries combines season’s peak berries with just a few perfect accents.
- Strawberries – Pick ripe, but not overly ripe strawberries. This will give you the best flavor and texture.
- Dairy Free Dark Chocolate – The slight bitterness of the chocolate compliments the sweetness of the strawberries.
- Hazelnuts – Brings crunch to every bite while also giving a slightly buttery note.
- Hazelnut Sugar – Javamelts Hazelnut Flavored Sugar s made from 100% pure cane sugar. It is made from all natural ingredients and free of artificial ingredients. Itechoes the flavor of the hazelnuts.
How to Make Dairy Free Chocolate Hazelnut Dipped Strawberries
Skip spending extra money on storebought chocolate covered strawberries. Making them at home is not only easy, but it allows you to control the quality of the ingredients, including the strawberries themselves. Most storebought chocolate dipped strawberries use unripe berries, helping them to extend the shelf life.
Time needed: 45 minutes
Juicy ripe strawberries are dipped in rich dark chocolate and buttery hazelnuts.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
Melt your chocolate in either the microwave, or by creating a double boiler.
- Mise en Place
Place the chopped hazelnuts into a shallow bowl.
Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate and then dip them into the hazelnuts. Sprinkle a little of the hazelnut sugar over the top if desired.
Place the dipped strawberry onto the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining berries. Allow them to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
The combination of dark chocolate paired with hazelnuts takes this chocolate covered strawberry recipe over the top. However, you can have fun pairing your favorite variety of chocolate with different nuts. Dairy Free white chocolate and crushed macadamia nuts are another classic combination.
Chocolate covered strawberries are a great make ahead dessert, and also ideal for gifting. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Top Tip for Dairy Free Chocolate Hazelnut Dipped Strawberries
Using a double boiler is a great way to gently melt your chocolate without it breaking. The steam created between the bowl and the simmering water slowly melts the chocolate and gives it that silky, perfectly dippable texture. If your chocolate starts to harden while making your chocolate dipped strawberries, you just have to place the bowl of chocolate back over the simmering pot to remelt it.
Dairy Free Chocolate Hazelnut Dipped Strawberries
- 1 bowl/double boiler
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and thoroughly dried
- 1/2 cup Dairy Free dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp hazelnut sugar, optional
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt your chocolate by creating a double boiler, or in the microwave.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts to a shallow bowl.
- Dip a strawberry into the melted chocolate, followed by the hazelnuts. Sprinkle with hazelnut sugar.
- Place on the lined baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining strawberries.
- Allow the strawberries to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the chocolate can harden.