Is there anything more satisfying than slicing into a beautiful steak to reveal that crimson interior? And then taking that bite you’ve swirled around in the drippings and decadent meat jus? Dairy Free Seared Steak with Garlic Herb Butter will give you the ultimate steakhouse experience in the comfort of your own home,
There is just something luxurious and decadent about steak night. If my husband had his way we would probably have steak night every night, and with these beautiful steaks, I would have to agree.
It Starts with the Ingredients
I love cooking steaks at home. It allows me to control everything, from the way I like my steak cooked to the quality of the meat. Dairy Free Seared Steak with Garlic Herb Butter is all about the way those ingredients play together.
I recently accompanied my husband to Atlanta for his business. While he went to work, I was planning what restaurants I wanted to try. Priorities! He commented to me that none of the reservations I made were for a steak house. I reminded him why have steak out when we love having steak night at home?
One of the reasons I love a night in centered around beautiful steaks is the quality. For this recipe I am using First Light Farms ribeye steaks. I love the flavor of their grass-fed Wagyu. Tender, juicy, rich, and nutty, it’s a steak that makes you close your eyes and enjoy the moment at the first bite.
It doesn’t take much to accent these beautiful steaks. I love adding just the right addition of fresh ingredients. Woodsy rosemary and lemony thyme combined with the pop of garlic make this recipe sparkle.
Steak Night Made Easy with Dairy Free Seared Steak with Herb Butter
Having steak night at home should always be relaxing and easy. With just a few tips, you will be on your way into slicing into total steak perfection.
- Make sure you steaks are at room temperature and pat them dry. This will both allow them to cook evenly and let the seasoning adhere to the steaks, not your pan.
- Make sure your skillet is fully heated before adding your steaks. A cast iron pan works great for this. You’re looking to sear your steak, developing that crust. Adding a steak to a pan that isn’t fully heated will steam it rather than sear it.
- An instant read thermometer is a great tool when it comes to cooking steaks. Cooking steak is more about cooking to a specific temperature than it is a time.
- Sear your steaks approximately 2 minutes per side, depending on how well you like your steaks done. If you have a thinner cut of steak, cut back on the time.
- Remove your steaks from the pan and add the Dairy Free butter, garlic, and herbs. Allow the butter to melt.
- Add the steaks back into the pan along with any juices that have accumulated on the plate. Spoon the butter sauce over the steaks for a couple of minutes.
Steak night at home really is that easy! Looking for more steak night ideas? Make sure to check out my recipe for Dairy Free Steak Taco Salad with Avocado Dressing. Now let’s get cooking!
Dairy Free Seared Steak with Garlic Herb Butter
- 1 large skillet or cast iron pan
- 1 instant read thermometer
- 2 ribeye steaks, room temperature
- 5 tbsp Dairy Free butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp umami powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pat both sides of the steaks dry. Season with salt, pepper, and umami powder.
- Add the steaks to the hot pan. Allow to sear for 2 minutes on the first side.
- Flip and allow them to sear for 2 minutes on the second side, or until desired doneness. Thinner steaks will cook faster.
- Remove the steaks from the pan.
- Add the butter, garlic, and herbs. Allow the butter to melt and the garlic to just begin to get a little color.
- Add the steaks back into the pan along with any juices that have accumulated.
- Baste the steak with the herb butter for a couple of minutes.
- Allow the steak to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Spoon the herb butter over the top. Enjoy!