The Super Bowl is just around the corner and with it all of the fun game day eats! Get your party started with this ooey, gooey, and warm Dairy Free Chile con Queso with Ground Beef.
What dish reminds you of childhood? This cheesy queso dip is a classic that is in my top five favorites. My mom used to always make it for parties, and it was always one of the first things to disappear. Just add a Key Lime Coconut Martini and you have a readymade party!
Not only is this dip irresistibly delicious and double dippable, but Dairy Free Chile con Queso with Ground Beef only requires a handful of ingredients. This one skillet dish comes together with ease making it a total winner.
- Lean Ground Beef - Laura's Lean Ground Beef makes this dip a true one dish recipe. Rich, hearty, and meaty, yet lean, it is free of antibiotics and hormones. This naturally lean beef is fed an all vegetarian diet and the cattle is pasture raised and allowed to graze on grasses and grains.
- Water - Helps thin out this dip and also give the ground beef a finer tex
- Taco Seasoning - Use your favorite. Adds the earthy flavor of cumin and a little kick of spice.
- Refried Beans - Helps give this dip a silky texture while making it hearty.
- Kosher Salt - Enhances all of the flavors of the ingredients.
- Dairy Free Shredded Cheddar - What's queso without the cheese? Makes this dip creamy and dreamy.
- Dairy Free Milk - Helps melt the cheese while also giving this dip its texture. Use your favorite such as oat milk.
- Tortilla Chips - You can use your favorite dipper, but crispy, crunchy tortilla chips are the classic choice. Double dipping is highly encouraged!
How to Make Dairy Free Chile con Queso with Ground Beef
This one skillet queso dip is easy, delicious, and always a gameday favorite. With just a few simple steps your friends and family will be diving in with their favorite dippers.
Time needed: 20 minutes.
This meaty and cheese chile con queso recipe combines hearty flavors with the comfort of a cheese dip.
Heat your pot over medium heat. Add the ground beef and water and use your spoon to break up the meat as it browns.
Add the refried beans, salt, and taco seasoning and stir to combine. Stir in the milk.
Once the ground beef mixture has fully heated through stir in the cheese. Turn the heat to low. Occasionally stir until the cheese is fully melted.
Serve this dip hot with your favorite tortilla chips!
This dip is completely Dairy Free. However, you can use regular cheddar cheese and milk and make this same recipe with your favorite dairy products. The process will be the same.
In addition, if you like things spicy, use a spicy taco seasoning or try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to this.
How to Serve Easy Beef Queso
While there is nothing more classic than dipping crunchy tortilla chips into ooey and gooey beefy cheese dip, there are other ways you can serve this up! Here are just a few ideas.
How to Top Dairy Free Chile con Queso with Ground Beef
Let this hot cheese dip be the canvas for all of your favorite flavors! This dip is perfect on it's own but also a canvas for additional flavors and ingredients. Here are some fun ideas on how to top off your chile con queso.
- Pico de Gallo
- Grilled Corn
- Fresh or Pickled Jalapenos
- Dairy Free Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Onions
This dip can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Simply reheat it on low on the stove until it is warm and melted again.
Top Tip for Dairy Free Chile con Queso with Ground Beef
Laura's Lean Ground Beef is naturally lean making it ideal for this dip. However, if you use another brand of ground beef, you may need to drain the fat before adding in the refried beans and seasonings.
Dairy Free Chile con Queso with Ground Beef
- 1 stockpot
- 1 lbs Laura's lean Ground Beef
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup refried beans
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 12 oz Dairy Free shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ½ cups Dairy Free milk
- tortilla chips for serving
- Het a stockpot over medium heat. Add the ground beef and water.
- Use your spoon to break up the beef. Cook it until it is browned.
- Add the taco seasoning, salt, and refried beans. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the milk and stir. Allow it to warm through.
- When the beef mixture is warm add the shredded cheese. Turn the heat to low.
- Continue to stir until the cheese is melted,5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply